lets move 3 home games nexst year to telstra dome

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mikey
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Hi guys before you start to crack it I'm not suggestign we should move back there full time but next year I think we should play our home games against St george, Parra and Brisbane at the dome. It has worked for Melbourne victory and I'm sure we could get corwds of 30,000 with enough promotion as the dome is a venue that people like to attend. How good would it be against Parra if we got more people then there stadium holds. That might actually shut Fitzy up.

What do others think?
bunnies
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Nothing will ever shut that dickhead Fitzy up and I would certainly like to be the person who does it!! :D :D

Cheers
Bunnies :) :)
Go the Mighty Melbourne Storm and the Mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs!!
Cartman_86
Squall
Squall

Mikey wrote: Hi guys before you start to crack it I'm not suggestign we should move back there full time but next year I think we should play our home games against St george, Parra and Brisbane at the dome. It has worked for Melbourne victory and I'm sure we could get corwds of 30,000 with enough promotion as the dome is a venue that people like to attend. How good would it be against Parra if we got more people then there stadium holds. That might actually shut Fitzy up.

What do others think?

Mikey, in theory, thats a very good idea. Obviously you havent stated which nights the games would be played, but I think when the AFL has a Friday Night game interstate, thats when we should play say St George at The Dome on a Friday Night Game. Even if we 20,000, its a great result, but if 1,000,000 people watched the GF, anything is possible.

P.S What about the GF rematch, with Simpkins and Hollywood controlling the game.
Dani_
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

My issue is that watching RL at the Dome sucks.
You're too far away from the action.

And what happens if we don't get the crowds...anyone remember the atmosphere way back when? It sucked.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/DaniStorm/Dani07a.jpg[/img]
lotti

why would we even want to play at the Dome unless someone else is using OP.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
routy21
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I think it’s a good idea Mikey.  But maybe just 2 matches, Brisbane and the dragons.  With the right promotion we could pull 30,000 plus to each game.
Smacka (C)
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Nope - why give up what is definitely one of the best home ground advantages in the league?
And as Dani said, you're too far away from the action. That was the worst part when we were there for a season.
I'd rather have 15,000-18,000 at OP any day, than go back to the Dome and it's crap surface and EXPENSIVE parking. It costs more to park there, than it does to get in to the game. I wouldn't be taking public transport either, as I have 2 young kids - a 2yr old and a 3 month old.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I hope not - we only have to stick out another couple of seasons before we get our own stadium (supposedly), and telstra dome is a tv studio.  I don't think there is ever any atmosphere there (I wasn't at origin, so don't know about then), and we are better off keeping the home ground advantage we have and also the atmosphere.

As for the victory, I think this is a decision they will rue, as the crowds have already dropped over 15k since the sydney game, and will continue to do so, and they may well find themselves in the same situation we were in a few years back
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
luvin.the.storm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

thats bcoz the novelty of wogball in Melb has worn off :lol:
Cartman_86
Squall
Squall

luvin.the.storm wrote: thats bcoz the novelty of wogball in Melb has worn off :lol:

luvin.the.storm, first of all, I am a 'wog'. I really, really dont like it when people use that term to describe the world game. I love the Storm and I love Victory, but I dont like it when I hear that sort of narrow-mindedness. Victory got 26,000 to their game on the weekend. Thats still a pretty good result for them. If Storm ever went back to the Dome and got that sort of a crowd, I'd be doing somersaults.
glynny
Squall
Squall

In theary it's a good idea, but the year before we played all our home games there, we were averaged more at op than we are now, and they played in front of a bare stadium every week. I agree that olympic park is too small but logistically it won't work plus I don't think we are at the stage we we could expect a bigger crowd than what we get now (well not enough to justify it anyway)
Go the mighty storm.
routy21
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

What about round 1 next season against the broncos at Telstra Dome..?? Massive grudge match. No AFL and no A-League to compete with.  Promote the crap out of it, draw 30,000 plus and start the 2007 season on a awesome note on and off the field.…………...just a thought.
Silkin Storm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Dome Yuck
Don't Leave it to Fate
She's a Fickle Bitch
Fampa
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Maybe just the Broncos game.  We have beaten them there.
*Champagne football*
Filthy Teeve
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

You don't want to play at the dome. The surface is shite, the atmosphere is poor with crowds below 35k, and it is just simply too early to make big decisions on the possibility of crowds increasing. Bar the result, we are in the the same position as 2000, we made the decision then to go to the Concrete Shopping Centre then, and I feel it hurt us. Let's completely pack out OP first.

Appreciate the idea, but no.
Smoking Is The Leading Cause Of Statistics