Buzz In The Herald

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Filthy Teeve
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Looks like our fearless forum administrator has made the Hun today, page 8.

Two Grands Beat One
Kelly Ryan

MELBOURNE Storm fans who are not making the trek north to Sydney have been urged to converge on Federation Square for Sunday Night's NRL grand final.
A live broadcast of the game will be shown on the big screen in the square.

"We need as many people there as possible. We need people to get behind the Melbourne Storm," Storm media manager Chris Couch said.

"They are the only Melbourne football team in a grand final this weekend, so we need people to support us."

The festivities will begin at 5.30pm and Mr Couch said there would be give-aways and video highlights shown in the lead-up to the 7pm kick-off.

Up to 10,000 of the Storm's small but loyal band of supporters are expected to travel to Sydney for the grand

final against the Brisbane Broncos.

Melbourne Storm supporter Mikey Samuel will be stretched between two cities this weekend.

But there is no divided loyalty when it comes to his football. The Victorian born and bred sports lover is a diehard footy fan.

And he will be at both the big finals this weekend -- the AFL Grand Final and the NRL Grand Final in Sin City.

The company director will have the best seat in the house at the MCG -- sitting on the fence line and ensuring the scrolling signs work.

But he will be off the hallowed turf by 6.30pm to catch his 8.15pm flight to Sydney to cheer on Melbourne Storm against the Brisbane Broncos in the NRL Grand Final.

"A large group of us have booked out a block of apartments in Sydney and we will go the NRL Grand Final together," Mr Samuel said.

"They will watch the AFL Grand Final on TV on the veranda while I'm at the MCG and then we'll all catch up for dinner later after I arrive in Sydney."

Mr Samuel runs the Storm's supporters' website thebaistand.com

Despite being a lifelong Carlton Football Club supporter, he jumped on the Storm bandwagon years ago.

"It was 1999 and Carlton had lost to the Kangaroos when I watched Storm beat the Dragons," Mr Samuel said.

"I signed up as a member a month later and have loved every minute of the Storm journey."

Mr Samuel has backed West Coast to take the AFL flag but is confident Melbourne will take the glory in Sydney.

Lucky bugger.
Smoking Is The Leading Cause Of Statistics
bunnies
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Onya Buzz!! :) :)

Gee we are getting some coverage aren't we!! :) :D :)

Stormboy and I can not believe what has happened to us this week! :) :)

GO the mighty MELBOURNE STORM!!! :) :)

Cheers
Bunnies & Stormboy :) :)
Go the Mighty Melbourne Storm and the Mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs!!
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

Filthy Teeve wrote: Mr Samuel runs the Storm's supporters' website thebaistand.com
So..... Are we Official ?? ??  ;-) . :D
Last edited by Mike_The_Undertaker on Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

Oooh that's some good site publicity Buzz :thumbright:
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/QueenChrista/sucks.jpg[/img]
lotti

you can't buy that kind of publicity.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

We are, and always have been, officially a website and forum for Storm supporters. That's it. :)

I'm glad she put that in the article - might spread our fame and glory as a place for Storm supporters to come and play!

Btw - the view is looking good up here at the G. On track for a 90,000+ crowd. Clear skies and a really bad pre-game show about to start! :lol:

P.S. Thanks to Surandy for bugging his next door neighbour so much over the last 4 years that she immediately knew who to turn to for a Storm story! :)
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

Yep... Just looked at it. I'm on the same page :D.

We needs a media whore award for the next set of awards :lol:
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
lotti

what do you mean a really bad pre-game show Buzz?
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Mr Samuel has backed West Coast to take the AFL flag
prediction correct  ;D
but is confident Melbourne will take the glory in Sydney.
prediction pending

GO BUZZ Image
GO STORM Image
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
ryanstorm
Squall
Squall

Good on ya mate u are a hero on this board.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Buzz wrote:P.S. Thanks to Surandy for bugging his next door neighbour so much over the last 4 years that she immediately knew who to turn to for a Storm story! :)
Pfft, immediately? I was her second option, she rang the Storm first and they had no idea. Mind you, you were my second suggestion, first suggestion was Molly Meldrum but turned out Kelly's editor didn't want a celebrity they wanted an ordinary person. ;)  :lol: ;)

Actually if it wasn't for your post in this thread index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=4&topic=3684.0 I wouldn't have known that you met the criteria that her editors wanted.

Great stuff Buzz, promoting both this site and the Melbourne Storm.  :D