The Grand Final 2006 - Melbourne Storm Vs Brisbane Broncos

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

For the first time in the history of the main Rugby League competition two teams from outside New South Wales will contest the NRL Grand Final. Melbourne Storm (before even the first tick of 2006) were placed at 26-1 outsiders to win, are up against the Brisbane Broncos - a team who we fear not as the former Bennett pupil has progressed so far that he now leaves all others in his wake.

The game will kick off just after 7pm on Sunday night. By the time the smoke clears and the whistle is blown, it should be a nice 20 degrees. There is currently no forecast of rain.

It's going to be a cracker of an event, a cracker of a game - and the anticipation is palpable!
Last edited by Buzz on Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

By the way - 7 Days, 2Hours, 23minutes and 5 secs according to the countdown clock! :)
Filthy Teeve
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Buzz, are you able to set up a count down clock over...

<-------------- there somewhere?
Smoking Is The Leading Cause Of Statistics
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Geez you're getting demanding Filthy Teeve  :whip2: Would have to find another one that wouldn't distend the left hand menu
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Guess what???
We're going to the Grand Final!!   :P :lol: :lol: ;-) ;-)
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Filthy Teeve
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Yeah yeah nerdy computer lingo... just get to it man, the clock is ticking, and we're missing it!!!!!!  :salute:
Filthy Teeve
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Nice one Buzz.  :occasion5:
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Buzz wrote: By the way - 7 Days, 2Hours, 23minutes and 5 secs according to the countdown clock! :)
Add 105 minutes to that and we will finally be rid of him (this public service announcement is bought to you by HBA)  :) :)
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Win or lose been a awesome year, hopefully we win,
if not so be it, I will still celebrate the year in style
by getting completely wasted and waking up in dumpster.
Filthy Teeve
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Just thought I would trawl through the Sydney newspaper websites to see how well they were taking it all. Found this piece of reporting mastertry from some nonce who claims he was at the game.

Relentless Storm put the Dragons to the sword

Will Swanton

AN NRL official burst into the media box and declared: "I have some some breaking news. Osama bin Laden has been found dead." Not your usual injury report. The demise of Osama, increased chance of world peace, breakthrough against terrorism and all that sentimental stuff was all well and good but there were more important matters at hand: the grand-final qualifier.

A bomb - oh the irony as Prime Minister John Howard sat in the grandstand - led to the Storm's first chance but Greg Inglis failed to ground the ball.

The Dragons had dodged one bullet. More were incoming.

Good news for the Storm: they won. Worrying news: Inglis suffered a shoulder injury. He wasn't alone in needing medical assistance. Four players were forced from the field within four minutes during a frenetic second half - Inglis and Mick Crocker (knee) for the Storm; Clint Greenshields (ankle) and Danny Wicks (thigh) for the Dragons.

It's hard to know who'd be the biggest losers if Inglis was ruled out of the grand final: the man himself, the club, or the fans who rise from their seats every time the most scintillating player in the NRL touches the ball.

He returned late in the game. Managed to hold up Wes Naiqama over the line when he came back. Coach Craig Bellamy was later cagey about his problem about the same time as the validity of the reports about about Osama were being questioned. Bellamy said Crocker was in enormous doubt, but Crocker said he would be sweet. All eyes on the the medical reports today.

"I should be right," Crocker said.

"They've always told me kava is the best remedy, so I'll give that a go."

There were at least a dozen Storm supporters among the 40,901-strong crowd and they rose as one when late tries to winger Steve Turner and prop Antonio Kaufusi sent the minor premiers into next week's grand final against Brisbane. Dragons captain Trent Barrett was devastated, speechless and looking on the verge of tears.

"I don't know what to think at the moment," Barrett said.

"My head is all over the shop. It wasn't supposed to end this way. I think we can hold our heads high. I've been here since I was 15 so it's pretty emotional. I tried my hardest so that's all you can do."

Coach Nathan Brown, having bowed out the week before the grand final for the second straight year, added: "My wife said to me last year, after I'd finally sobered up after the Tigers game, she goes, 'You love football that much but football don't love you back sometimes'."

Oh Will... have you got the shits buddy? Suck.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Holy shit!!!!!! I havent stopped smiling and screaming (at times ill just burst out in a fit of screaming "STORRRM") ..Cant wait till sunday!!!!

GO storm!
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Less than 7 days and counting!
Dani_
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

My nerves are going to be shot by next week.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/DaniStorm/Dani07a.jpg[/img]
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

This time next week we will be half way through the first half.
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

OMG!!!!  That's making me verry nervous - I know it'll be all good but still...........I can't take it!!!!!!!! :?
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!