Finals Wk 3: Melbourne Storm Vs Dragons

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Well - we've made Week 3. Skipped right over the bogey week 2 syndrome. Come Friday night, we'll know who our opponent is for the crucial game.
Last edited by Buzz on Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lotti

fingers crossed it's Manly and guys sorry but they've got 2 reasons to make the GF, they are well it's they're 60th year in the comp and they celebrated their 50th the same way plus Kennedy's retiring.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Uhm - okay... good reasons I think not! The raiders had six players leaving - did that stop us from beating them? NO! We're in our 9th season, where's the fan fare for us! And most of all - you have a big name player who can't play big games! And that is the reason why you won't make it past the prelims this year!
StormBec
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

lotti wrote: fingers crossed it's Manly and guys sorry but they've got 2 reasons to make the GF, they are well it's they're 60th year in the comp and they celebrated their 50th the same way plus Kennedy's retiring.
No offence Lotti but big freakin whoop! They don't deserve to make the grand final and if you are going to use the excuse of players leaving what about the likes of Scott Hill he missed out in 99 because of a shoulder injury.

Sorry Lotti but don't go preaching on here about how Manly deserves to be in and win the grand final over the Storm! Save that for the Manly forums ok.
[img]http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o198/stormbec/banner-new.jpg[/img]
lotti

Buzz Melbourne had a player retiring last year remember and well we tried to send him off a winner, I don't think Orford will want that feeling again.  It's also our 60th year in the comp, of course that didn't stop Melbourne from beating the Eels Sunday.
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Manly's 60th year in the comp didn't stop Storm beating the Eels on Sunday? *phew* Glad about that one! Orford doesn't know what it's like to be a winner. He moved to Sydney to get more representative footy and gain more spotlight. Instead, he's found that his "apprentice" has become his master in Cronk's first year as starting half back. Cronk is almost a shoe-in for the Australian squad.

*uncovers the other eye - nope... the view is the same from that one-eye also!*
lotti

it's also the Eels's 60th year which is why there's such a fierce rivalry between the two clubs.  Orford might not want the feeling of failing his retiring Captain again.  You think we might be able to convince the NRL to move the game to OP?
Last edited by lotti on Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Oh boy...  ::)  ::)  ::)
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Who if anyone gives a crap how many years a team has been in the comp?? That means absolutely nothing:shock:  Next you'll be saying they should take bloody turns as to who wins each year cos of how long each team's been around  ::)

Nothing matters now except Storm!!!  :P
We deserve to be in the GF!!  We deserve to beat anyone we play against!!
We (supporters) deserve to have a happy ending to this year!! :D

Frankly I don't give a shite about Manly or any other team out there!!
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
StormVicky
Squall
Squall

Can't believe this who bloody cares about Manly and I agree with Storm Bec, Lotti go and preach that shit on the Manly site. Storm to win the Grand Final we don't give a shit about Manly, tell someone who cares, end of story.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Please no more Nathan Friend, he's a good player but Cam going into the halves is detracting from Coopers game, especially in recent weeks.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Exactly right. I can't believe we have been playing him so often. We are basically helping the Titans develop him by pumping so many games into him. I'd rather play Blair/J.Smith.
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just to stir the pot.

How the hell is it 60 years in the comp when they merged losing their identity?  ;)

Lets give them a whooping they deserve.
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

Hailstorm wrote: Oh boy...  ::)  ::)  ::)
I've gotta feeling that having lotti on ignor is a good option atm.

Hopefully there won't be too many players left standing after week 2 :D
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
lotti

Stormwarning[c] wrote: Just to stir the pot.

How the hell is it 60 years in the comp when they merged losing their identity?  ;)

Lets give them a whooping they deserve.
The football club still remained as did their lower grade sides.