Girls in black

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

How hot were those Cheergirls in black aye?
Put our Melbourne girls to shame imo.
We need outfits like that for our girls in the dark navy like on the jersey.
Storms cheerleading outfits look like what the Abba band use to wear.
Our Storm girls arnt the hottest waling around so they need to make up for that by having a sexier outfit,

What do you's reckon?
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

There was much discussion about this very subject among the 9 blokes that were in my group on Sunday and the general consensus was unanimous and much along the same lines as yours. The girls in black looked very hot and showed our girls up. That's not taking anything away from our girs, i know they're told what to wear. But comparing their uniforms as opposed to the coke zero girls and those from every other team, ours just don't cut it. Hell even the Canberra girls show a heap more skin than the Storm girls  :shock:
Silkin
Squall
Squall

From a mother type perspctive

Get over it unless you guys want to be out there in the same skimpy sort of stuff in mid winter !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Form a Womans Perspctive we need some guy's out there  with the girls!!
Don't Leave it to Fate
She's a Fickle Bitch
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

From another angle, I do have to cringe every time I see a 4 or 6 year old girl dressed up like a cheer girl. That's so not what we should be teaching our kids. On one side we teach our boys about team work, hard work rewards etc, and we teach the girls the skinnier the waist and bigger the boobs the more the blokes will wolf whistle and call out to you.
bunnies
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

:D :D :D

No!!! Molly needs to be in the lineup as a cheergirl!! :D :D
Stormboy and I went to Countdown at Rod Laver on Saturday night and Molly was dressed in full cheergirl outfit- Storm shirt, skirt, socks, pigtails and waving storm flags when "Micky" was being sung- absolute GOLD!!! :D :D

Cheers
Bunnies & Stormboy :D :D
Go the Mighty Melbourne Storm and the Mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs!!
Hillbilly Bob
Squall
Squall

Silkin wrote: From a mother type perspctive

Get over it unless you guys want to be out there in the same skimpy sort of stuff in mid winter !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Form a Womans Perspctive we need some guy's out there  with the girls!!
Bah

Its like grid girls and motorsport - they go together.

Cheerleaders and league - they go together. ;D
Stop being so stupid, it's my turn.
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Buzz wrote: From another angle, I do have to cringe every time I see a 4 or 6 year old girl dressed up like a cheer girl. That's so not what we should be teaching our kids. On one side we teach our boys about team work, hard work rewards etc, and we teach the girls the skinnier the waist and bigger the boobs the more the blokes will wolf whistle and call out to you.
=D> =D> =D> =D>

Although it's not so much that the guys will love you, it's that the idiot fashion connoisseurs make girls think that's the way they're supposed to look to be 'normal' ::) >:(
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Girls have the freakin players to stare at, they dont need male cheer dudes or whatever there called.

And as for our girls, surley they can get some more stylish outfits
they dont have be less clothing, they just have to be tighter
with maybe more cleavage.
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Movement is also an issue simo, when they had the vinyl pants they had a hard time just walking in em  :lol:
If they actually did a bit more than just walking round the track when we scored then I'd agree but they need to keep some blood circulating  ;)
DaveInOz
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Buzz wrote: From another angle, I do have to cringe every time I see a 4 or 6 year old girl dressed up like a cheer girl. That's so not what we should be teaching our kids. On one side we teach our boys about team work, hard work rewards etc, and we teach the girls the skinnier the waist and bigger the boobs the more the blokes will wolf whistle and call out to you.
Hi, normally i just lurk around these boards, but as the father of one of the little girls i wanted to respond.
Buzz I can only speak for my family and our situation.
She is 5 (just) and like lots of kids loves dressing up and looking nice, she adores the cheerleaders and loves when they pay attention to her, in fact she loves when anyone pays attention to her, thats part of being a little kid.
It would be hypocritical of me to let my son don a jersey and not let her support her idols.
As for life lessons, even at 5 she knows the value having a goal and of practice. A few months ago she was invited to train in gymnastics at the Victorian institute of sport. (we said no, ask again in 6 months).
We never suggested any of this cheerleader stuff it was her choice.
Yes she is a prima donna, yes she cares that people like how she looks, yes I'm worried about the teenage years, but for now she is just a little girl having fun. Everytime the cheerleaders come and ask her to walk around with them she is the happiest person on earth, and I couldn't deny her that.

i completely understand how you could draw the conclusions you did, but please bear in mind you are making big assumptions.

Sorry if the post is too long or if i missed the point ... its a parent thing.
Hillbilly Bob
Squall
Squall

Tigger wrote: If they actually did a bit more than just walking round the track when we scored then I'd agree but they need to keep some blood circulating  ;)
If they are cold i know a big fuzzy guy that goes by the name of Filthy Teeve that would be more than happy to provide warming hugs before, at half time and after the game.
Stop being so stupid, it's my turn.
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

I appreciate you taking the time to join, and then reply. Thank you for also explaining the background to your daughter's desire to dress as her idols. As there are several girls who do this, I wasn't being specific and I hope you don't take my comments personally.
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Hillbilly Bob wrote:
Tigger wrote: If they actually did a bit more than just walking round the track when we scored then I'd agree but they need to keep some blood circulating  ;)
If they are cold i know a big fuzzy guy that goes by the name of Filthy Teeve that would be more than happy to provide warming hugs before, at half time and after the game.

Oh my hubby has told me he'd offer his services to the girls many many times - I keep telling him to go for it (like he'd have a chance  ;))
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Dave, my 9 yr old daughter is also a huge fan of the cheergirls - she's actually got some of their old gear (the perks of having worked at Storm  ;))
The sad thing about that is that she got the gear when she was 5 & the bloody lycra knicker/skirt thing fitted her! :'(
We dressed her up in the whole lot for one game (she did wear black tracky pants tho) and she had a photo on field with the whole squad  :D
It's her pride & joy that pic!
I do understand her desire to be a 'glamorous' dancer and she's now doing jazz & tap but we still let her know she's a little girl  ;)

God it's hard being a parent innit??  I'm just glad my older girls were into metal music & footy more than fashion  :lol: :lol:
DaveInOz
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Buzz wrote: I appreciate you taking the time to join, and then reply. Thank you for also explaining the background to your daughter's desire to dress as her idols. As there are several girls who do this, I wasn't being specific and I hope you don't take my comments personally.
I did take them personally, probably an overprotective parent thing, or because the same thing worries me.  ::) I am now over it  :)
I guess I just want to add, be careful of generalisations/assuming too much, you could be doing the other little girls a disservice too.

Tigger - I hear you. Lisa from SPD and Jade are wonderful to her, I can't tell them enough how much we appreciate the interest they have shown in her. We don't let her forget that she is a little girl.

I'll just pop off my soapbox now, the truth is I'm not very comfortable up there. :-[
Last edited by DaveInOz on Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.