Dally M Awards Winners

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Peter Moore Rookie of the year:                            Jarrad Hayne: Eels
Top Try Scorer:                                                Nathan Merritt: Souths
Top point Scorer:                                               Hazem El Masri: Bulldogs
Captain of the year:                                          Ben Kennedy: Sea Eagles
Lock of the year:                                              Ben Kennedy: Sea Eagles
Provan Summons Medal: (Peoples choice award)      Nathan Hindmarsh: Eels
Winger of the year:                                            Brian Carney: Knights
Peter Frilingos Headline moment of the year Award:  Brett Finch: NSW SoO team
Prop of the year:                                              Roy Asotasi :Bulldogs   
Coach of the year:                                            Craig Bellamy: Storm (we got one)
5/8 of the year:                                                Darren Lockyer: Broncos
Representative player of the year:                        Darren Lockyer: QLD & Aust.
Centre of the year:                                            Mark Gasnier: Dragons
2nd Rower:                                                        Nathan Hindmarsh: Eels
Half Back of the year:                                          Cooper Cronk: Storm (we got another one)
Full Back of the Year:                                          Clinton Schifcofske: Raiders
Hooker of the year:                                            Cameron Smith: Storm (see below)

ARL Hall of Fame award: Ken Kearney: Dragons, Sid Pearce: Roosters, Charles Fraser: Tigers, George Treweek: Souths, Duncan Hall: , Peter Sterling: Eels

Top Five for the last ten rounds:

After Rounds 15: Greg Inglis with 14 points, Cameron Smith with 17 points, Darren Lockyer 17, Ben Kennedy with 18 points, Johnthan Thruston with 19 points.

After Round 16: Greg Inglis with 14 points, Cameron Smith with 17 points, Darren Lockyer with 17 points, Ben Kennedy and Johnthan Thruston with 19 points.

After Round 17: Greg Inglis with 14 points, Cameron Smith with 17 points, Darren Lockyer with 17 points, Ben Kennedy and Johnthan Thruston with 19 points.

After Round 18: Nathan Hindmarsh 15, Darren Lockyer 17, Johnathan Thurston and Ben Kennedy with 19 points, Cameron Smith 20

After Round 19: Darren Lockyer 17, Nathan Hindmarsh 18, Johnathan Thurston 20, Ben Kennedy 22, Cam Smith 23

After Round 20: Danny Buderus 17, Johnathan Thurston 20, Nathan Hindmarsh 21, Cam Smith & Ben Kennedy 23

After Round 21: Danny Buderus 18,  Johnathan Thurston 20, Nathan Hindmarsh 24, Ben Kennedy 25, Cam Smith 26,

After Round 22: Danny Buderus & Johnathan Thurston 20, Ben Kennedy 25, Nathan Hindmarsh 27, Cam Smith 28

After Round 23: Danny Buderus & Johnathan Thurston 20, Ben Kennedy 25, Nathan Hindmarsh 27, Cam Smith 31

After Round 24: Johnathan Thurston 20, Danny Buderus 23, Ben Kennedy 25, Nathan Hindmarsh 30, Cam Smith 31

After Round 25: Matt Orford 21, Danny Buderus 23, Ben Kennedy 25, Nathan Hindmarsh 30, Cam Smith 31

End of the season: Matt Orford 21, Danny Buderus 23, Ben Kennedy 25, Nathan Hindmarsh 30, Cam Smith 34

Dally M Award:
CAMERON SMITH, Melbourne Storm

I think I got it all, if not sorry
Last edited by Stormwarning[c] on Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

What are the qualifications for Rookie? I'd been under the impression that although he played a couple of games last year, that Inglis would be a contender, and IMHO, the winner.
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I understand that you have to have played under 4 or 5 games as that Matt King's first year he missed out by two or so games.
Last edited by Stormwarning[c] on Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
Earl
Monsoon
Monsoon

I think its off the bench.

If you've played 1 game and were in the starting line-up then thats your rookie year.
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Its clear to say that I doubt we'll ever have a Provan Summons medal winner from Melbourne. The only way would be if we were to have our media back a player with a clear campaign to encourage voters. Otherwise - clearly not enough Melbournians would know about the award.
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

Was it just me or did that sound like Bunnies screaming a moment ago?
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/QueenChrista/sucks.jpg[/img]
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

LOL, yep

Seems like we have Bellamy, Geyer, Smith, Cronk and Hill up there representing Storm. Haven't seen any others at this stage

grey sub
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Well done Criag Bellamy winner of the coach of the year, well done :D :D :D :D
I am back again.
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

How the hell was Hill in the fricken running?  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

LOL SW there are no 5/8ths after Lockyer.
Last year when he was injured the award was won by Anasta and he did less than Hill has done this year.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/QueenChrista/sucks.jpg[/img]
Blitzkrieg
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bellamy definitely deserves to be coach of the year.  Congrats to him!  :D :D :D :D :D
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Streuth, if Cam Smith's in the lead after round 19 he has it wrapped up surely...
[quote="Buzz"]
I really have to say that the only way that Boofa played at that kick from Orford was if he cracked a fat.
[/quote]

[img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c385/KimmorleyKiller/TheT
Blitzkrieg
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Go Coops!  Half-back of the year!  Top work!  :D :D :D :D
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
grey sub
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Well done Cooper Cronk Half back of the year above Johns, Thurston and that other bloke um whats his name, ah who cares, well done COOPER CRONK, HALF BACK OF THE YEAR. =D> =D> =D> =D> :thumbright: :thumbleft: :thumbright: :thumbleft: :headbang: :hello1: :headbang: :hello1: :headbang: :hello1: :headbang: :hello1: :headbang: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :swav: :occasion5: :occasion5: :occasion5: :occasion5: :occasion5: :occasion5: :occasion5: :occasion5: :occasion5: :occasion5:
I am back again.
lotti

well done Cooper.  Cam has hit the lead after round 21.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!