proposed supporters march to Olympic park

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mikey
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Hi guys I thought on Sunday the 10th of September before the home final it would be a good idea to do a big supporters march from Fed Square to Olympic Park.

How good would it look having a whole group of Storm fans decked out in their colours marching from fed square to the ground. We were thinking of meeting at fed square between 1 and 1:30 and then marching to the ground nice and early so those that sit in the general admin section can choose there regular seats. The other reason for starting so early would be so we can all meet at the members bar for a pre game drink after the march.

I was even thinking if this goes ahead we could contact channel 9 and maybe they might bring a camera on the march

what do others think?
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

Well it would kill a couple of the 8 hours I have to spare in Melbourne that day.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/QueenChrista/sucks.jpg[/img]
Storm19
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I'm backing you all the way Mikey on this event , shall it go ahead. Christabella, would love to meet you at the first final. Mikey and I sit near the players race (Stairwell 5, Lazarus Stand- Turn Left at the players race, 5 rows from the front). If 50-100+ people dressed up in Storm colours turned up and started a walk from Fed Square along the riverside towards Olympic Park it would be great. Reminds me of that march the club organised for the 2004 family day down at Southbank.
Lima's Lunatics. Stuff Kaufusi, IT'S LIMA TIME.
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

That's a good idea Mikey, who's gunna contact the club to get em to promote it??
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Fruit Loop

Mikey wrote: Hi guys I thought on Sunday the 10th of September before the home final it would be a good idea to do a big supporters march from Fed Square to Olympic Park.

How good would it look having a whole group of Storm fans decked out in their colours marching from fed square to the ground. We were thinking of meeting at fed square between 1 and 1:30 and then marching to the ground nice and early so those that sit in the general admin section can choose there regular seats. The other reason for starting so early would be so we can all meet at the members bar for a pre game drink after the march.

I was even thinking if this goes ahead we could contact channel 9 and maybe they might bring a camera on the march

what do others think?
have a pub crawl along the way  :D :D
Rabble_1
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Tigger wrote: That's a good idea Mikey, who's gunna contact the club to get em to promote it??
Consider it done.
If ants are such busy workers,
how come they find time to go to all the picnics?
stormy bill
Squall
Squall

What a great idea Mikey there will be 3 of us if it goes ahead
What we do today will echo in eternity
Mikey
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I have emailed Chris Couch from the club to ask whether he wants it to be a official club thing or just a unoofficial supporters things. I guess I should ring the Melbourne city council to find out if there is anything at fed square on that day that might get in the way of this
James
Squall
Squall

Great idea! :D

Fed Square is run by Fed Square, so contact them directly (link). They are usually pretty good about things like this.

I'll be working there till 3pm, but I'll try to sneak out with my Storm stuff on for the pre-march gathering...
Mikey
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I have spoken to Fed Square I actually spoke to a former schoolmate of mine who works there about it and they have said its fine to do it but just to keep them informed. I have had no response from the club yet but I understand they are busy at this time of year. even if the cluyb don't respond we will still do it because its not like the club will object to it its just a matter of whether they support it.

Does anyway know if Steve Bracks on John So or anyone like that is coming to the game because it would be great if we could get someone like that to lead the march
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

I only suggested letting the club know cos they can do much more promotion via the members email  :D
If we do really want to organise it properly, contact Karl De Kroo from H/S & let him know - maybe he'll write a little piece for us  ;D
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Mikey
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

yup I'm planning on doing that but I'm going to wait till I hear back form the club because Chris Couch may want to do that himself and I;m sure he would do a far better job then me. Does anyone have a email addy for Karl De Kroo or the age rugby league writter with the really hard to remember name? I will definetly make sure its all over SEN as well but if Cactus Chris would prefer to do that himself thats fine by me
lotti

good publicity for the club if it gets on the news.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

Sounds good imo :D
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

Storm19 wrote: I'm backing you all the way Mikey on this event , shall it go ahead. Christabella, would love to meet you at the first final.
Really? Even if were to turn up in a Dogs jumper with a big purple bow ... I think that's as close to Storm colours as I own.

Those who have met me don't need to bring up the not-so-lucky-anymore Storm cap.
Fruit Loop wrote:
have a pub crawl along the way  :D :D
:lol: I think that's the best contribution you have made to this site!
Unfortunately there are a distinct lack of pubs along that part of the Yarra.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/QueenChrista/sucks.jpg[/img]