Serious Question: What needs to be done about Storm crowds?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

How about letting a young, well liked, talented guy that plays for Storm have a go at State of Origin?

This would allow him to show his skills at the highest level and then the Victorian media can show prominent hilights of his efforts and put photos in the newspapers (including the back page of the most popular Vic paper).

This sounds like a great idea to me!!!

Oops, too late, it's already been done. Damn there's no NRL match in Melbourne this week. Oh well, we need to advertise the next home game exhaustively.
Carl
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

This is kind of a weird (and long) suggestion, but here goes:

Every year at State Of Origin time we hear the same old story; The Home team gets too much advantage i.e the team which has two home games that year will win Stat Of Origin (which is right MOST of the time)

Solution:
Game 1: Suncorp Stadium
Game 2: Telstra Stadium
Game 3: MCG

State of Origin is played on a wednesday, and the Storm could play on the Friday (well we can cross our fingers and hope) or Saturday at the MCG also. A ticket package could be arranged so that people could get in to the Storm game at the 'G at a substantially discounted rate. The general Victorian public would be exposed to Rugby League at the top level (S-O-O) and then watch the local team (hopefully with a couple of Origin players in it).
This is kind of a short term suggestion, but it would be good to get a good burst of support, even for just one week, and you never know, it could attract some more long term support for the game of Rugby League and the Storm! :D
Hells Bells
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I went to the footy last weekend and saw some bloke in storm gear handing out some fliers for this weekends game.

When we went up and asked him about what the club was doing, he said he was doing it of his own bat to promote this weekends game and that it had nothing to do with the club. A great idea, and a pitty others didn't do the same thing. If I had of know I would have got there early and helped the poor bloke.

That is the only promotion apart from visiting the club site that I have seen on this weeks promotion.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Hells Bells wrote:I went to the footy last weekend and saw some bloke in storm gear handing out some fliers for this weekends game.

When we went up and asked him about what the club was doing, he said he was doing it of his own bat to promote this weekends game and that it had nothing to do with the club. A great idea, and a pitty others didn't do the same thing. If I had of know I would have got there early and helped the poor bloke.

That is the only promotion apart from visiting the club site that I have seen on this weeks promotion.
I've heard advertising on SEN and I'm sure there'd be ads in the Herald Sun.