Scott Hill droped to PL

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
lotti

who the hell did Craig did give Hill's number 6 jersey to?
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He probably deserves to get dropped though I did feel some sympathy for him when he commented how he was playing in a side who's completion rate was woeful.

He will be back in a week or two as we cant keep playing Geyer at 5/8 and Hoffman in the centres. All he needs to focus on when he get's back is getting the ball to King, Inglis and co. as quick as possible which he was not doing before he was suspended.
James
Squall
Squall

Today's Sun has this story which adds a bit of heat to the tale.
The former Australian Test and NSW State-of-Origin representative said there was more to the demotion than simply a dip in form.

"I need 12 games this season to get the next two years of my contract," he said.

"If that becomes an issue I will have tackle it head on.

"I have my future and my family to think of.

"If there are tough decisions to be made, I'll make them."
Weird.
Earl
Monsoon
Monsoon

thats got something to do with the clause in his contract.

We he re-signed he was fairly injury prone and Melbourne didn't want to waste money on someone who wasn't playing footy.
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

This is how I answer these Q's:
* Does Scott Hill have a good kicking game?
Close to the line he has a good grubber and thats about it.
* Does Hill have a good passing game?
Hill has a fine passing game when it clicks.
* Does he have a good running game?
Yeah its ok, he runs a little too much for my liking though
he's got to get back to feeding his backs quicker.
* Is he a good defender?
makes about 20 tackles and misses a couple, which is normal for a 5/8
* Is he good at organising the team?
Ive never seen him do it, although I think he needs to take more responsibility.
* Overall, what are his best qualities?
He is dangerous within 10-15 of the line, but Storm rarely go to him at that time, which p's the crap out of me.
* Overall, what part of his game is poor?
IMO his lack of involment.
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I just read the article in the Hun and was very amused by it.

Bellamy and Lance have said that the teams will be picked on form and form alone.

And lets be honest Chris Walker was dropped for showing up to training late, so why should Hill think there is more to it than that......

Oh hang on, they were both huddled in the corner talking in the socail club after the game. ;) ;) ;)

Form, and form alone should be what our team is picked and built on and I would like to think that would be the same for Slater and everyone else for that matter. Remember, it's not names that win premierships it's form on the day.
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

How i answer them..

* Does Scott Hill have a good kicking game? (both close to the tryline and in his own half).
Has more power in kicks but pretty average for a 5/8.
* Does Hill have a good passing game?
When it clicks has the the best hands in the business, one of the few player who can catch and pass accurately in the one motion, havent seen that in a while though.
* Does he have a good running game? Lost abit of speed over the years but near the line still poses a danger.
* Is he a good defender? Yep, When he was chosen for NSW at lock he was an all rounder, but now he pretty much is a defensive 5/8, Can put a big hit on though
* Is he good at organising the team? Never done it i think* Overall, what are his best qualities? Instinct and also tries hard.
* Overall, what part of his game is poor? Goes missing!! Lack of involvement.
Scott Hill's my fav player, but yeah its true he's nothing like what he use to be, only little flashes of brilliance here and there. This has been a long time coming If this dosent get him back into form than maybe he is "OVER THE HILL"
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

gotta disagree bula re: "goes missing. lack of involvement".

Thats one thing he doesnt do, he is always trying and trying his best when he plays. Alot of times it doesnt work out for him...but in no way does he lack involvement IMHO.

He should be playing lock...not 5/8 i think thats why his game is suffering.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
James
Squall
Squall

Stormwarning[c] wrote: Form, and form alone should be what our team is picked and built on and I would like to think that would be the same for Slater and everyone else for that matter. Remember, it's not names that win premierships it's form on the day.
Agreed that form should be the key thing in selecting the side, but in the last couple of years Geyer, Kidwell and Slater were all out of form at certain stages and kept their spots.  I think he should have been given a chance, then dropped if necessary.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

James...those players have been off form for about 2-4 game patches.

Hill hasnt been his best over the past 2 years and has only shown 2-4 game patches of good form. Im a huge fan of hill but he does need to pull his finger out...maybe to get the best out of him he should go to lock? but dunno where to put johnson.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
lotti

Craig could always be letting Hill ease his way back into footy.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
PD
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

James wrote: Weird.  Kaufusi comes back from suspension after playing OK and displaces Blair, who was playing pretty good and Hill comes back from suspension after playing OK and gets a trip up the Hume.

hmmm.... ???
Let me see.................
Bad completion rates - no team cohesion - lots of fumbles
Thumped by the Cowboys - Thumped by the West Tigers,(the score line made us look better than we where)
Hill gets suspended - Slater gets suspended
Enter players with something to proof
Completion rates go up - team cohesion clicks - less errors
We Thump the Panthers - We Thump the Knights

Coincidence ?
"We are the puppets and fate the puppeteer
This is not a metaphor, but a truth sincere
On this stage, fate for sometime our moves steer
Into the chest of non-existence, one by one disappear.
"

[i]Omar Khayyam[/i]
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Dont forget we beat the Roosters and Warriors with them. We thumped the Panthers because we finally got a break from all the travelling during the bye (we were fresh)
Against the Knights, without Johns, plus back at home and we still have a really strong lineup even without Hill and Slater!!
Hill wasnt the reason we lost or the reason we're winning.
If he plays like we know he can he's our best player.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
tdcockers
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

just say that hill is 'cut loose' at the end of the season, and without meaning to sound callous because i know that hill has done well for us for a number of years, but my mind was just running away with the possiblilties...

namely cronk at his natural position of 5/8, smith in at number 7, where he has played remarkably well before, and friend in the run on side week in week out as hooker. now there is a class combination in the making
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Only freind is with the Titans next year!

Or maybe....Put INGLIS at pivot