Storm strike new deal

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Melbournestorm.com.au

Non-bank Lender Mortgage House has signed a partnership agreement with the Melbourne Storm until 2008.

No stranger to corporate sponsorship, Mortgage House enjoys several partnerships including current sleeve sponsor of the Sydney Roosters and a long term association with the 3-Peat NBL champions The Sydney Kings ('2000 to present).

Sports fan and Mortgage House managing director and CEO, Ken Sayer says: "we have enjoyed each and every association we have had to date - corporate sponsorship is a two way gift, we are able to support the club or association, and get hours of enjoyment from attending games"

"We are thrilled to announce this latest sponsorship. We have had several successful partnerships with NRL clubs, and hope our new arrangement with the Storm will be a mutually beneficial one."

Melbourne Storm CEO Brian Waldron is delighted to have attracted another high profile national brand to the club.

"We're thrilled to have formed a partnership with yet another industry leader," said Waldron.

"This partnership agreement demonstrates, and further reinforces, the strength of both the Melbourne Storm and Mortgage House brands nationally.

"Mortgage House have a history of partnering with successful organisations and we're pleased they have chosen to commit to the Melbourne Storm for the long term."

As one of Australia's largest and fastest growing non-bank lenders, Mortgage House currently has over $3.5 billion in funds under management and was established in 1998 by Mr Sayer.

In the past Mortgage House has held sleeve sponsorship deals with the NRL's Parramatta Eels (2000,'01 & '02) and Brisbane Broncos ('04); was a major sponsor of the AFL's St Kilda Saints ('02, '03 & 04); as well as more community based sponsorships such as local soccer team the Granville Waratahs (since 2001).

Mortgage House joins joint major sponsors Medibank Private and Host Plus on the Melbourne Storm jersey.

---

I expect a few 'i told you so' from some members here who tipped this would happen .
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

3 majors, 1 shirt front. 1 went to the back, where will the other one go?
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Thunderstruck wrote: 3 majors, 1 shirt front. 1 went to the back, where will the other one go?
They're already on the sleeves aren't they?  I'm sure I saw a picture of it on here somewhere.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

jellyhead there is a picture on the storm site with the MH logo on the sleeve.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Considering the picture from a couple of weeks ago with the logo already on it - it isn't surprising. Neither the fact that they had a scrolling sign for MH.
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Would be interesting to see where our jersey now sits value wise out of all the codes.

It would be good to see us back near the top again.
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
PD
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Stormwarning[c] wrote: Would be interesting to see where our jersey now sits value wise out of all the codes.

It would be good to see us back near the top again.
I don't think the current sponsorship sales team have nailed a large single sponsor,plus a collection of heavy to medium sponsors for the jersey ?
I think that was the serendipitous formula that got us over the top previously ?
We have three sponsors on the jersey & NO ONE at the club is eager to talk $ VALUE  :?

Remember Ribot & Johns couldn't tell enough people how big their sponsorship deal were.

Even with a couple of lack lustre seasons & falling crowd numbers that jersey was still a highly recognisable,marketable item.
It was seen at other sporting venues,on the street & some people wore it to work.

So.............What is it worth in 2006  ???
Last edited by PD on Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
"We are the puppets and fate the puppeteer
This is not a metaphor, but a truth sincere
On this stage, fate for sometime our moves steer
Into the chest of non-existence, one by one disappear.
"

[i]Omar Khayyam[/i]
James
Squall
Squall

PD wrote: We have three sponsors on the jersey & NO ONE at the club is eager to talk $ VALUE  :?

Remember Ribot & Johns couldn't tell enough people how big their sponsorship deal were.

Even with a couple of lack lustre seasons & falling crowd numbers that jersey was still a highly recognisable,marketable item.
It was seen at other sporting venues,on the street & some people wore it to work.

From this article:
To that end, he [Waldron] claims the Storm's sponsorship deals this year will bring in about $4m, a figure he says would put them in line with the top four Melbourne AFL teams, while the move to the new stadium will give access to corporate hospitality dollars not available at their current ground.

I don't know if that is a lot of sponsorship money on not, though.  Sounds OK to me!
Last edited by James on Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

James wrote:
PD wrote: We have three sponsors on the jersey & NO ONE at the club is eager to talk $ VALUE  :?

From this article:
To that end, he [Waldron] claims the Storm's sponsorship deals this year will bring in about $4m, a figure he says would put them in line with the top four Melbourne AFL teams, while the move to the new stadium will give access to corporate hospitality dollars not available at their current ground.

I don't know if that is a lot of sponsorship money on not, though.  Sounds OK to me!
It would be interesting to see if that $4mil is just for the jersey or total. If it is total, then we still have a long way to go.

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
yakstorm
Squall
Squall

The Storm jersey was worth over $1.2 million with the signing of Medibank and HostPlus but before Mortgage Houses' signing.  That makes the jersey up there with the top NRL clubs, and put it only behind the likes of Brisbane, Roosters and the Bulldogs. 

Since the signing of Mortgage House, we are very well placed relative to the sponsorship market.  Only a handful of jerseys in the sporting market in Australia would be worth more.

As for the $4million in total sponsorship value, that is extremely good as well, as it says in the article, its up there with the top AFL clubs in Melbourne, so I don't know how you could say we have a long way to go.  Again we are up there with the top revenues of the richer NRL clubs unfortunately unlike them we don't have our own leagues club.

Really we need another $2-$3 million worth of revenues each year to be self sufficent (may not be that much depends on crowds, merchandise revenues and other sources)
[url=http://"http://www.kangarooarmy.com"][img]http://www.kangarooarmy.com/bay331.gif[/img][/url]
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yakstorm wrote: As for the $4million in total sponsorship value, that is extremely good as well, as it says in the article, its up there with the top AFL clubs in Melbourne, so I don't know how you could say we have a long way to go.  Again we are up there with the top revenues of the richer NRL clubs unfortunately unlike them we don't have our own leagues club.

Really we need another $2-$3 million worth of revenues each year to be self sufficient (may not be that much depends on crowds, merchandise revenues and other sources)
My point on a long way to go, reverts to the fact we don't have the corporate match day money coming in to the level of other teams and as you have pointed out, another $2-3million of revenue each year would help, and with the ground we have at the moment is not going to be easy to get that sort of money......but then again, an increase in members may....I say, MAY, help ;) just a little.