injuries are killing us!!!!

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Article from the heraldsun:
MELBOURNE Storm's injury woes plumbed to new depths yesterday with scans revealing forward Glen Turner has a dead bone in his foot.

The Kiwi back-rower is facing up to three months on the sidelines.

It is a major blow to already depleted forward stocks.

"We are getting fairly thin on the ground," Storm coach Craig Bellamy said last night.

"It is not the kind of thing you need before the season even begins, but we have some depth in the back row and we just have to get on with it."

Props Dennis Scott (neck), Scott Anderson (back) and Ben Cross (ankle) have already been ruled out for the start of the season, while Brett White (hamstring) and back-rower Jeremy Smith (hip flexor) missed training yesterday.

Turner had not been expected to play in Storm's final trial match against Brisbane in Toowoomba tomorrow night but he had been hoping to be fit for the opening rounds.

"I can't seem to take a trick at the moment," Turner said.

"The ankle just wasn't coming right and when I went in for the arthroscope it showed that I had a dead bone in my foot. It is going to set me back 12 weeks."

Storm physiotherapist Mary Toomey said Turner would require surgery.

"The bone has lost its blood supply and died off," Toomey said. "It's why it wasn't getting better. The bone will be drilled to provoke some bleeding, which in turn produces a healing response."

Storm has lost promising centre Ryan Shortland for up to six weeks after he tore a calf muscle at training yesterday.

Despite the setbacks, Bellamy said his team was primed for a strong performance against the Broncos.

It will be Storm's final hitout before a Round 1 meeting with the New Zealand Warriors in Auckland on March 12.

The Broncos will be well below full strength with Darren Lockyer (ankle), Shaun Berrigan (wisdom teeth), Barry Berrigan (neck), Tonie Carroll (elbow), David Stagg (hamstring), Brent Tate (ankle), Brett Seymour (shoulder) and Sam Thaiday (knee) all unavailable.
::)
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
CronkNo7
Squall
Squall

Its not a thing that a team wants close to the seasons start but every team has one. A bad injury period but this menas we can play some young players like Crossman, Blair, Anderson and so on..
[b][u][color=darkblue][size=18px]Welcome To The No.7 Jersey Cronk[/size][/color][/u][/b]

[img]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a304/bula_stormer/bannercronk.jpg[/img]
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

I don't believe they are 'killing' you just yet, take a look at the list of players the Broncos have out before you complain too much. I know which team's position I'd rather be in.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/QueenChrista/sucks.jpg[/img]
Silkin
Squall
Squall

And last time we had such a horible preseason of injuries I Seem to recall an unkown a boy named Slater got a run
Don't Leave it to Fate
She's a Fickle Bitch
girvie
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Even with those players out it is still a pretty good side.

8 Garrett Crossman
9 Cameron Smith
10 Ian Donnelly
11 David Kidwell
12 Michael Crocker
13 Dallas Johnson
14 Antonio Kaufusi
15 Ryan Hoffman
16 Jamie Feeney
17 Aubusson or Bartlett or Blair or Friend or Tagataese or S. Turner or Walker
www.mightybears.com

www.northsydneybears.com.au
JAMIE
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Girvie, a mate of mine knows Kyle Arnold, and he told me that he went to Souths. I wish he had stayed, he might have been a chance with all these injuries.
Scott Hill and Robbie Ross - The Best

GALLOP + THE NRL = THE REAL CHEATS

Hartigan and Wilson present:
Gauci and Gallop - The newest Muppets

News Ltd = The death of Rugby League
girvie
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

JAMIE wrote: Girvie, a mate of mine knows Kyle Arnold, and he told me that he went to Souths. I wish he had stayed, he might have been a chance with all these injuries.
He has actually gone to Manly. He will probably make nrl during the second half of the year. It would have been nice to see him get a contract with the Storm for this year because he is a pretty talented and tough player.
www.mightybears.com

lotti

I just checked Manly's webside and in the player profile there's no Kyle Arnold.  Here's their line-up for today NRL Team: Brett Stewart, Michael Robertson, Steve Bell, Steve Matai, Chris Hicks, Michael Monaghan, Matt Orford, Jason King, Shayne Dunley, Brent Kite, Anthony Watmough, Steve Menzies, Ben Kennedy©.
Interchange: J P Cherry, Luke Williamson, Mark Bryant, Kylie Leuluai, Phil Morwood, Paul Stephenson.

PREMIER LEAGUE: Mark Lennon, Sean Meaney, Sean Dalton, James Mortimer, Willie Bishop, Michael Witt, Clint Halden, George Rose, Matt Ballin, Adam Cuthbertson, Kane Cleal, Jason Wells, Glenn Stewart.
Interchange: Nathan Tutt, Sione Finefeuiaki, Jeff Robson, Mailangi Styles, Conrad Ta’akimoeaka, Brett Fitzpatrick, Jacob Martin, Jim Curtis.

JERSEY FLEGG: Rodney Peake, Andrew Everingham, Harry Berryman, Tom Joseph, Tim Mortimer, Sam Key, Aaron Groom, Vic Mauro, Blake Hanlon, Mark Offerdahl, Jon Grieve, Mitchell King, John O’Sullivan.
Interchange: Tyrone Shelley, J P Hawach, Trent Rose, Sean Ross, Jesse Shelley, Terry Kelly, Sean Rath, Wayne Boorer.
If he's gone to Manly they could be resting him.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Christabella wrote: I don't believe they are 'killing' you just yet, take a look at the list of players the Broncos have out before you complain too much. I know which team's position I'd rather be in.
nah i aint complaining...and i also dont see the point in comparing teams injury tolls. thats all a bunch of phooey. A good team will get replacements and do the job regardless of who is out.....i shouldnt have said they are killing us...i was exagerating(sp)
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
girvie
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

lotti wrote: I just checked Manly's webside and in the player profile there's no Kyle Arnold. Here's their line-up for today NRL Team: Brett Stewart, Michael Robertson, Steve Bell, Steve Matai, Chris Hicks, Michael Monaghan, Matt Orford, Jason King, Shayne Dunley, Brent Kite, Anthony Watmough, Steve Menzies, Ben Kennedy©.
Interchange: J P Cherry, Luke Williamson, Mark Bryant, Kylie Leuluai, Phil Morwood, Paul Stephenson.

PREMIER LEAGUE: Mark Lennon, Sean Meaney, Sean Dalton, James Mortimer, Willie Bishop, Michael Witt, Clint Halden, George Rose, Matt Ballin, Adam Cuthbertson, Kane Cleal, Jason Wells, Glenn Stewart.
Interchange: Nathan Tutt, Sione Finefeuiaki, Jeff Robson, Mailangi Styles, Conrad Ta’akimoeaka, Brett Fitzpatrick, Jacob Martin, Jim Curtis.

JERSEY FLEGG: Rodney Peake, Andrew Everingham, Harry Berryman, Tom Joseph, Tim Mortimer, Sam Key, Aaron Groom, Vic Mauro, Blake Hanlon, Mark Offerdahl, Jon Grieve, Mitchell King, John O’Sullivan.
Interchange: Tyrone Shelley, J P Hawach, Trent Rose, Sean Ross, Jesse Shelley, Terry Kelly, Sean Rath, Wayne Boorer.
If he's gone to Manly they could be resting him.
He was injured in an earlier trial.
www.mightybears.com

Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

girvie wrote:
He was injured in an earlier trial.
Speaking of earlier trials does anyone care to hear the Norths PL and Flegg results?  8)
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Yes ta.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

Forwards have always been our problem as far as I can remember. We've always been blessed with nearly countless backs but forwards are always succumbing to injuries one after another. At one point last year or the year before we nearly coudn't field a side with only 15 or less players available uninjured.
Last edited by Thunderstruck on Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

TC wrote: Yes ta.
I thought girvie might spare me the trouble ...
Premier League
Bulldogs 24
North Sydney 12

Jersey Flegg
Bulldogs 50
North Sydney 4
Last edited by Christabella on Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

Trouble?? You look like you're just waiting for a chance to gloat!  :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Thunderstruck on Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]