Turner and MacDougall - 6 Weeks

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
tdcockers
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Herald Sun

6 weeks for each they reckon, and another 4 for matty geyer :(

I hate to do this to norths, but we really need to pull a few more blokes from norths, maybe get dustin cooper back, for a start
Earl
Monsoon
Monsoon

Dustin Cooper will definatly be back next week.

As for the other wing spot

*gulp*

Fifita Moala.

Maybe Bellamy will go with something like this;

1. Slater
2. Moala
3. Bell
4. King
5. Cooper

Other suggestions;- Cooper Cronk, Michael Crockett or Luke Dyer
Nez
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Dare i say they might even look at dropping kidwell back to the centres with bell and keep king out on the wing? Just another possibility...

But I agree that Dustin Cooper has to be back next week, and as much as i don't want to see moala playing against rooney or roberts, i think it could be happening... :?

I just hope the 3 of them have speedy recoveries because gee we'll be missing them, especially mcdougall... Oh well, good luck with recovery guys..
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

I say give Cronk, Crockett or Dyer a chance before bringing Moala back into the side.
Earl
Monsoon
Monsoon

One thing that has stood out to me with the injuries to our backs early in the season is that number of times Storm players have been caught out of position when filling in, in an un-customary position.

For this reason I think that Bellamy should think about playing wingers on the wing and centres only in the centres. Not centres playing Wing and backrowers in the centres.

My team for this week;

1. Slater
2. Cooper
3. Bell
4. King
5. Crockett/Dyer/Moala/Jake Webster
6. Hill
7. Orford
8. Kearns
9. Smith
10. Reynoldson
11. Robinson
12. Kearney
13. Kidwell

14. Howe
15. Williams
16. Hoffman
17. Johnson/Tanielu/Friend or Andrew Hamilton who has been in good form for Norths.

I think with a side like that we stand a chance against Penrith. The number 5 spot is a toss up, but I hope it aint Moala.

As for the last bench spot, I'm leaning towards Tanielu. We need size against this Penrith pack or they are going to roll us by 50. IMO Antonio K didn't cut it yesterday.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

i like that team..cooper should be a defenant...for this week...i wanna see crockett have a run aswell...with the last spot on the bench..we do need so meone with size what about sione f.?or tenielu will do. antonio ...doesnt cut it excactly what you said earl.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Earl
Monsoon
Monsoon

I hadn't even heard of Sione F untill I read his name on here a week ago.

He is coming of the bench for Norths so I think Tanielu must be ahead of him ATM.
tdcockers
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Earl wrote:1. Slater
2. Cooper
3. Bell
4. King
5. Crockett/Dyer/Moala/Jake Webster
6. Hill
7. Orford
8. Kearns
9. Smith
10. Reynoldson
11. Robinson
12. Kearney
13. Kidwell

14. Howe
15. Williams
16. Hoffman
17. Johnson/Tanielu/Friend or Andrew Hamilton
i'm happy with that. reynoldson had better be at prop, no offence meant but he is a miserable lock
tdcockers
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Nez wrote:we'll be missing them, especially mcdougall
i reckon we are missing MattyG more :?
Earl
Monsoon
Monsoon

Kidwell has to be starting lock. His runs yesterday were damaging, but he needs to get his hands on the ball more. He is wasted at centre.
Nez
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

tdcockers wrote:
Nez wrote:we'll be missing them, especially mcdougall
i reckon we are missing MattyG more :?
Missing Matty, well that kinda goes without saying - I think most teams would.. But IMO we'll miss 1 just as much as the other. Geyers' runs and ability to control the ball when it's needed has been missing, but now we'll also be missing the pretty decent runs McDougall has been offering lately as well as that bit of stability he's given to the backline.

It's a bit wierd though losing 2 wingers and a centre so early on in the season. I just hope nothing happens to Bell or King or we could be heading up the creek without a paddle.. Or giving Norths a few more phone calls..
Earl
Monsoon
Monsoon

Looks like Jake Webster is playing this week. Good on him :D
tdcockers
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

and good luck to the kid. this should be something special, even if it is a baptism of fire of biblical proportions