News -Jake has to peg Storm spot

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Webster deserves first go. Having said that, I have no problem with every player knowing that their position is being hotly contested. In fact, I feel that this is a "Good Thing" TM. In the past certain Storm players have been comfortable in the knowledge that their position was secure, and have not always given 100% (who else remembers Howey shamefacedly admitting that he deserved to be banished to Norths).

I do not have faith, however, regardless of Bellamy's opinion, that Chris Walker's attitude and defence have improved to the point where he should be considered for selection.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Allykat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Turner

then Webster

then Walker
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/DaniStorm/allyz.jpg[/img]
lotti

Webster, Turner then Walker.  I don't like the Walker boys for some reason.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
Allykat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I've got nothing against walker i just much prefer turner....and webster
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/DaniStorm/allyz.jpg[/img]
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

girvie wrote: I think if there is an injury to King or Inglis then Walker would probably be selected in the centres. Unless they move Webster to centre and Turner onto the wing.
Nah Webster is a winger.
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

While the fans may not rate Walker, I am sure the Caoching Staff do.

Be prepared to see him in action sooner than you may like.
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
JAMIE
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I don't really know what else Jake Webster has to do to win people over. I seriously cant understand, how on earth, some of you would play Steve Turner, a bloke who has only played a handful of first grade games, in ahead of a guy who consistantly last year, got us out of our redzone, whit his powerful legdrive. If you prefer flashy little stepping backs, ahead of an honest tough good line runner like Jake, then I can't can't get my head around that.
I just think, no matter what Jake does, he'll never be good enough. Well let me tell you, that if there was anyone at all who resembled Marcus Bai, it would be Jake Webster.
Scott Hill and Robbie Ross - The Best

GALLOP + THE NRL = THE REAL CHEATS

Hartigan and Wilson present:
Gauci and Gallop - The newest Muppets

News Ltd = The death of Rugby League
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

JAMIE wrote: I don't really know what else Jake Webster has to do to win people over. I seriously cant understand, how on earth, some of you would play Steve Turner, a bloke who has only played a handful of first grade games, in ahead of a guy who consistantly last year, got us out of our redzone, whit his powerful legdrive. If you prefer flashy little stepping backs, ahead of an honest tough good line runner like Jake, then I can't can't get my head around that.
I just think, no matter what Jake does, he'll never be good enough. Well let me tell you, that if there was anyone at all who resembled Marcus Bai, it would be Jake Webster.
What about Stanley Gene? ;)
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

:lol:
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Mike_The_Undertaker wrote: While the fans may not rate Walker, I am sure the Caoching Staff do.

Be prepared to see him in action sooner than you may like.
If I ever see him in a Storm jersey it will be sooner than I would like.

If Wayne Bennett and Craig Bellamy couldn't teach him to tackle in Brisbane, and Sticky couldn't at the Roosters, I doubt that Bellamy has somehow managed to do it in 3 months.
The only defensive position Walker has ever taken was when his team-mates yelled "Turnstile" at him.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Maybe technique wasn't his problem.

Attitude was.

If they fixed that up then he may be a rellavation for us.
:D
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Don't be surprised to see Jake in the centres because down at the club office the players lockers are in order of who Craig and the staff think are the number 1 team at the moment.
its:

1. Billy Slater
2. Matt Geyer
3. Matt King
4. Jake Webster
5. Greg Inglis
6. Scott Hill
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Brett White
9. Cam Smith
10. Dennis Scott
11. David Kidwell

14. Michael Crocker
15. James Aubusson
16. Chris Walker
lotti

Inglis can play anywhere he proved that in round 17 when he partnered Bell in the centers while King was off playing for NSW.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

I hope Bellamy is putting some pressure on Billy, he was ordinary towards the end of last year.
AAS
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Surandy wrote:
JAMIE wrote: I don't really know what else Jake Webster has to do to win people over. I seriously cant understand, how on earth, some of you would play Steve Turner, a bloke who has only played a handful of first grade games, in ahead of a guy who consistantly last year, got us out of our redzone, whit his powerful legdrive. If you prefer flashy little stepping backs, ahead of an honest tough good line runner like Jake, then I can't can't get my head around that.
What about Stanley Gene? ;)

I thought Stanley Gene come from some beast from Star Wars?

Horrible looking thing.
DEAR STORMWARING(C), PLEASE LEAVE!!!

THANKS FROM THE AASHOLE OF THE BAI STAND