Administrators?? Moderators??

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Do we have any on this forum ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????
If so !!!! Why are some of the posts with absolutely foul unneccessery language getting through and being allowed to stay on this forum , absolutely disgusting :roll: :roll:
Some impression our kids will get if they want to read this forum.....GET IT CLEANED UP
[b]Who Dares Wins!!![/b]
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

We're getting word filters for next season, Buzz is working on it.

Do we even have under 15s on this board?
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Bit bossy there aren't you Rose? :wink:
There are only a few silly people who swear & Buzz usually cleans up the worst of it.
I personally don't like my kids reading ANY forums unless I've checked it out first anyway so it's no hassle to me. :)
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
OzHEDude
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

i'll apologize....but i ain't editing. If some of these guys can't open their eyes........on second thoughts..........i'm leaving.
All i ever read is how he played bad, he was crap, he ref'd wrong, and gould's a goose (which he is).

Cya guys
have fun in your one eyed world.
Disclaimer:
The above is not a personal attack, insult or a political statement. Therefor it cannot be used against the poster in any court of judgement.
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

Gould's only a goose when he gives out opinions but he's a master strategist and a great student of the game.
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Rose Madder wrote:Do we have any on this forum ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????
If so !!!! Why are some of the posts with absolutely foul unneccessery language getting through and being allowed to stay on this forum , absolutely disgusting :roll: :roll:
Some impression our kids will get if they want to read this forum.....GET IT CLEANED UP
The only people who have problems with foul language are middled aged women like yourself. Kids love it and learn it all a long time before you'd think they do, and its not from online forums either!

GET OVER IT
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

ROFL!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:wink:
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

I appreciate your concerns Rose. Your contributions have been most welcome here in the past and I hope we see yours, and OzHeDudes and everyone elses in the future.

I will publicly state my only real set policy when it comes to running this board:

I, nor anyone else who I choose to help moderate this board, shall impose my own personal morality on those who use this board. I expect, but don't demand, tolerance respect and understanding from all users. Whilst I hope all users post with moderation (in terms of language) I understand that during times like tonight - when our season ends - tempers can flare. I understand the disappointment and this tempers my desire to impose restrictions.

There are few things I will take action against. I generally take my cues from the Australian Broadcasting Commission's standards for language use. I will not, however, tolerate direct taunts, threats or vilification. This forum will not be policed into extinction. I'm paying for this site so that we can all enjoy our varied opinions, discussions and thoughts.

I hope this provides a clearer picture of where I stand as the Administrator.

P.S. If anything I've said hasn't made sense - I blame it on attending two 21st's - both with open bars - a designated driver that wasn't me, and the desire to drown my sorrows after hearing we'd lost. :)
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Im an U/15s (well 16s now)

And im one of the culprits!!!

Fair dinkum i knew about THOSE wicked, evil words when i was in kindy

PS i gave my season ending rambling an edit...rose that southpark arse could be quite offensive for younger readers you know, you should change it
[quote="Buzz"]
I really have to say that the only way that Boofa played at that kick from Orford was if he cracked a fat.
[/quote]

[img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c385/KimmorleyKiller/TheT
AAS
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Buzz wrote:I appreciate your concerns Rose. Your contributions have been most welcome here in the past and I hope we see yours, and OzHeDudes and everyone elses in the future.

I will publicly state my only real set policy when it comes to running this board:

I, nor anyone else who I choose to help moderate this board, shall impose my own personal morality on those who use this board. I expect, but don't demand, tolerance respect and understanding from all users. Whilst I hope all users post with moderation (in terms of language) I understand that during times like tonight - when our season ends - tempers can flare. I understand the disappointment and this tempers my desire to impose restrictions.

There are few things I will take action against. I generally take my cues from the Australian Broadcasting Commission's standards for language use. I will not, however, tolerate direct taunts, threats or vilification. This forum will not be policed into extinction. I'm paying for this site so that we can all enjoy our varied opinions, discussions and thoughts.

I hope this provides a clearer picture of where I stand as the Administrator.

P.S. If anything I've said hasn't made sense - I blame it on attending two 21st's - both with open bars - a designated driver that wasn't me, and the desire to drown my sorrows after hearing we'd lost. :)

I could'nt be #$%$# reading it

LOL

(although i did read it)
DEAR STORMWARING(C), PLEASE LEAVE!!!

THANKS FROM THE AASHOLE OF THE BAI STAND
pods
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Lucas wrote:
Rose Madder wrote:Do we have any on this forum ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????
The only people who have problems with foul language are middled aged women like yourself. Kids love it and learn it all a long time before you'd think they do, and its not from online forums either!

GET OVER IT
I think its time you grew up lucus.

This site is for all melbourne storm fans. It is natural for parents to prevent their children from coming into contact with these words. This is a family site. All most people will want to do is keep it that way. All that is required is for people to realise the importance of a site like this to the younger generation and try to keep the language down a level.

If I've used foul language anywhere on this site, please alert me to it, and i'll fix it quick smart!
Help edit the Rugby League Wikipedia - The Encyclopedia created for the people, by the people. Also the best thing to happen to Rugby League since Dally Messenger

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rugby_League
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

when you register to teh site you have to be 13 years or over...so there shouldnt be any younger kids on here..if so they are in the wrong!
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Pods, where does it say "This is a family site" anywhere on this board?? :roll:
This site was set up by Buzz for ALL Storm supporters to talk, vent, discuss, argue and whinge about all things Storm with other topics thrown in for good measure! If there are any under 13 kids reading this stuff without the parents knowledge then it's the parents fault, not Buzz's!! And seriously, most of the posts in here are ok with the exception of venting when we lose or sometimes when personalities clash. :wink:

I don't let my kids look at ANY web forums unless I've checked em out myself first & I think that's a pretty good way to stop MY kids seeing stuff I don't think they should - everyone has a right to an opinion, even if I don't agree with it and even if they say it in a not so eloquent way :wink: My kids are also quite used to hearing/seeing swearing as they go to school and shopping centres and watch TV and go to Storm games! :wink:

The only other site pre-Stormleague was the MSSC site which dissappeared quite a while ago after it seemed to degenerate into the exact type of place Buzz is trying hard to avoid - one where you can't voice an opinion, however right or wrong it is!

Here's another thought - I don't like Rose's avatar much either but I'll be damned if I'll have a go at her for having it!! It's all about free choice & knowing that you can always go elsewhere if things really bother you.

Btw, I just want to say THANK GOD FOR BUZZ!!!!! :D He's my man! :wink:
Rev
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I have to agree with Rose. There does appear to be quite a lot of bad language on this forum which detracts form the overall quality of posts.

It is interesting that the use of inappropriate language is approved simply because it is heard on T.V., at the shopping centres and, of course, most kids are using that kind of language at school.

I was once told that bad language was a poor form of expression used mainly by those who have a poor grasp of the English language.

Personally, I believe benchmark for language used on this forum is as follows:

1. Use the same language you would use at home when around yours and your friends parents.

2. Use the same language you would allow your young children to use at home.

Be very careful when using T.V. as a justification for what is appropriate action, for language is just a small part of social degredation depicted in this and other areas of media.

Do I swear? No, simply because I choose not to and I personally believe it is offensive language to use around people.

Am I offended by people swearing? No, I was in the army for 20 years so I am quite used to it. I do take offense when it is used in the presence of my wife.

I do take offense when it is used on the forum simply because people do have the choice between using appropriate language and other forms of expression through the act of re-reading their post prior to posting.

Will this make a difference? No, although it did a couple of years back when people did realise that young people read this forum and cared about it.

Will I and others who make comment about the language be crucified for it? Probably, but at least it does show that there are some who care about the quality of language used.

Have a great day.
Laugh loud and laugh long at least once today
for today is the first day of the rest of your life
- Do not waste it.
Taliesin
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Fair comment Rev 8)

Bad Language