Brian Waldron

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mikey
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

he guys I know we started talking about this in another thread but jsut interested too know how everyone would rate his first year in the job.

I think he has done a pretty good job, I know a few maybe are a bit annoyed abotu 1 or 2 things and I understand its important too look afdter your loyal supporters but I think we need too look at the bigger picture.

Do we really want too look after the members at the expense of getting a big supporter base. I think if members have too miss out on 1 or 2 things too get a bigger supporter thats fair enough. If oru supporter base doesnt grow we wont be around in 5 or 6 years.

Waldron turned St Kilda from a club that was in danger of no longer being around too what they are now, The most succesful Victorian club onfield and probably the 3rd or 4th best off the field behind the obvious 2 of Collingwood and Essendon and maybe Carlton as well

I think he is doing a pretty good job of putting a long term plan in place but I think it will be a lot easier too judge him after 2 years.

What do you think?
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

that's what i've been saying. Sure, there have been some stuffups along the way, but you can't judge the bloke in under 12 months. It was never going to be that easy
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
MONY
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

he is just what our club needed...... he is doing a wonderful job imo...... i truly hope our crowds increase significatly in 2006 and 2007.
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

Dunno.

I hope he is a long term CEO 'cuase i don't think he has made any inroads this year.
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

i reckon he is doing a good job in the time he has been here. Pretty hard for him to come over from AFL and in limited time only get so much done.

I think over the next few years we will be seeing good things done by waldron to help this club.

i say we give him some time and support him, but that being said there are also those that cant help but whinge about something.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
mb09
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Overall I think he has done a very good job.I think in respect to memberships he has been too quick to dismiss 6 game type memberships for those that can't go to all games & possibly he has set ideas on what he wants & is too dismissive on some ideas that could be good for the club.I also think he needs to protect the supporter base he has & then increase from that but he may have lost a few supporters along the way.But with a new stadium,origin games & Aust games coming our way I think he's done well but there is plenty work ahead of him.I think he is underestimating the problems we have re tv with channel 9 etc
pods
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I dont know how anyone can say anything other then fantastic... If only the storms performance on field was as good as waldrons off field :) He has secured a purpose built, 100 Million dollar stadium and has made melbournes situation known the NRL and they finaly seem to be doing something about pomotion in Victoria. I dont think this is a coincidence. Its Waldron!! All HAIL WALDRON!!!
Help edit the Rugby League Wikipedia - The Encyclopedia created for the people, by the people. Also the best thing to happen to Rugby League since Dally Messenger

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rugby_League
bunnies
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Brian also took all of the Storm staff to Townsville last weekend for the Cowboys game, they were seated right in front of us in the Eastern terrace.

And on another note Brian had agreed and arranged for the boys to attend my "surprise" 50th birthday party organised by Rose, Stewart, Debbie and Larry on the beach in Townsville. Unfortunately due to the fact many of the boys are actually dads as well, Fathers Day was a priority and they all flew out on an earlier flight. BUT we all partied the night before at the " Mad Cow" nightclub and I and everyone who attended had an absolutely great night/early morning ( 3am curfew for the boys) lol lol! :D

Cheers
Bunnies & Stormboy :D :D
Go the Mighty Melbourne Storm and the Mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs!!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

I think he's done an alright job so far. He comes across as having some feeling/passion for the club when I've heard some things he's said, eg criticising "that nob head" in Channel Nein's programming department.

There are some things he has done that I and other don't like, but like Mikey says, we need to look at the bigger picture. And to be honest the majority of the things that he did that I didn't like mostly occurred very early in his tenure. On that basis I think he made the odd early mistake but has learned from those mistakes. It is hard to go from one workplace to another and adjust to a new environment straight away.
Lord Reynoldson
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

bunnies wrote:And on another note Brian had agreed and arranged for the boys to attend my "surprise" 50th birthday party organised by Rose, Stewart, Debbie and Larry on the beach in Townsville. Unfortunately due to the fact many of the boys are actually dads as well, Fathers Day was a priority and they all flew out on an earlier flight.
Really? The rumour I heard is that once they found out you'd be there they organised the earliest possible flight outta Townsville. :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

:faroah:
Glory, Glory to South Sydney!
bunnies
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Lord Reynoldson

Not Nice, not nice at all, just remember I don't get mad I get even!! :lol:

Cheers
Bunnies :D :lol: :D
Go the Mighty Melbourne Storm and the Mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs!!
Lord Reynoldson
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

What did I say? :scratch: :D

Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

bunnies wrote:Lord Reynoldson

Not Nice, not nice at all, just remember I don't get mad I get even!! :lol:
Bunnies, I thought LR was getting even at you for posting happy birthday to him earlier this year. :wink:
Lord Reynoldson
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Exactly!