Webb offered 4 weeks

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
bootsie16
Squall
Squall

Carl Webb has been offered 4 weeks if he accepts the set penalty or faces 6 weeks if he contests it and is found guilty. What a crock of shit. Aside from the fact the Hoffman was able to get back up there was very little difference to the Danny Williams incident. This is the exact type of incident that the NRL is trying to stamp out of the game and Webb can count himself lucky the Hoffman has a good jaw. And his excuse, Melbourne Storm were using a grabble tackle and I reacted. I have watched again every play up until this incident and I can not find one tackle that is even questionable in this regard. I'm so sick of every team that we playing using this as an excuse. I reckon the Storm should lodge an objection to this penalty on the basis that it is manifestly light on in terms of the precident set in the Williams case.
Ahhh McGahan; you've done it agahan....
MONY
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

if they do lodge the complaint i guarentee nothing will be done...... the nrl will just brush it aside because they dont want to look like fools
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

He was so lucky that it was not caught on camera and replayed ad - nausium.
Last edited by Mike_The_Undertaker on Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
mb09
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

They will obviously fight it.Don't reckon it will be reduced.Unecessary incident & he doesn't deserve to play finals.
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

Supposedly if you had a wide screen TV you'd be able to see it.

Even if you do have a wide screen TV though, you're still not getting the whole picture that was recorded on the cameras because they capture a larger view vertically and horizontally than what is being broadcast even for widescreen. That's talking in general terms, not particular to the Webb incident. It was just off screen on a regular 4:3 so it'd be visible in 16:9.
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]
Dani_
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Well obviously Webb's claims of 'grapples' were utter bullshit (not that we didn't know it) as i don't see any Storm players on that list.

What a girl. :roll:
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/DaniStorm/Dani07a.jpg[/img]
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

Thunderstruck wrote:Supposedly if you had a wide screen TV you'd be able to see it.

Even if you do have a wide screen TV though, you're still not getting the whole picture that was recorded on the cameras because they capture a larger view vertically and horizontally than what is being broadcast even for widescreen. That's talking in general terms, not particular to the Webb incident. It was just off screen on a regular 4:3 so it'd be visible in 16:9.
yea but no tv news stationed played the incident 1,000 times so the hype surrounding the incident is minimal.
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

thats bullshit.

this double standard crap by the nrl is becoming a friggin joke!
Last edited by Super Cronk on Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Webbs going to miss the finals now..hahahahahhahahaha, onya Hoffy!
Lord Reynoldson
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mike_The_Undertaker wrote:He was so lucky that it was not caught on camera and replayed ad - nausium.
Oh, it WAS caught on the camera's, and is about the only replay of the game that has been shown on Qld TV all weekend. Don't think I even saw a replay of the penalty try. It's all Webb's punch. They have the footage to convict him for a lot longer than what they are offering.

:faroah:
Glory, Glory to South Sydney!
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

I have no problem with 4 weeks for that.

I reckon Danny does though.

Talk about double standards.

*shakes head*
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Fampa
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Well, I'm hoping for a Storm/Cowboys GF, so this'll work in our favour. ;)
*Champagne football*
Taliesin
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

StormGurlDani wrote:Well obviously Webb's claims of 'grapples' were utter bullshit (not that we didn't know it) as i don't see any Storm players on that list.

What a girl. :roll:
Maybe he was reffering to the numerous & deliberate 'grapple tackles employed by his own teammates.
grapple = greco/roman style headlock around players neck whilst on ground.
Funny how the 'match officials' never picked it huh ?

Watch the tape :twisted:
lotti

he deserves them. Cross could also miss 4 weeks.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Someone send Carl a tape with the Sharks vs Rabbitohs game so he doesn't get confused any more as to what a real grapple tackle is!

I watched about 50 minutes and saw a shitload of grapple tackles done by the Sharks players, no wedgies though as the Grub wasn't playing.

Hang on, I did see someone lose his underpants by having them ripped off him whilst still being worn, forget who it was though.