Finals on FTA/Foxtel

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Sorry the heading was a bit misleading - don't get excited.

I just rang Ch 9 and while the GF will be live into Melbourne, the only thing Mr. Programming could tell me was that the fourth game of Week 1 of the finals (ie Team 1 vs Team 8) is scheduled for 11:30PM on Sunday, 11th September! Gee thanks so much Ch 9 - are we supposed to be impressed that you're actually going to give us a finals match at all - no, of course it doesn't matter that it's on at nearly midnight on a Sunday night and IT'S NOT EVEN A *&^&%%* STORM GAME!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

He didn't have any information about the rest of the finals series and I asked him if they might be shown live should Melbourne Storm make it further into the finals, and he said he didn't know. I said "so once again, the Melbourne NRL fans are jibbed by Channel 9 and thanks for nothing".

I also rang Foxtel and they could only give me the times for the first week of the finals. Fri 9/9/05 game (probably Storm) will not be shown until 11:00pm. Sat 10/9/05 games are shown at 7:00am Sunday morning and Sun 11/9/05 game will be shown at 6:00pm Sunday evening.

I guess I shouldn't have really expected anything more. It sure does suck to be a league fan in Melbourne :cry:
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

its even worse if we lose this week, which means we will finish 6th. That then makes our first final on the sat, which means no fox coverage until sunday morning. I'm hoping it is a friday game so I can try and head up there, as I have to work sunday morning, that would make the sat night trip a bit more difficult!!!

If that is the case, hopefully the Rising Sun or somewhere else will show the game live
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

There are a few Pubs that have imparja.

Didn't we get all the finals replayed last year (Yes I know they were on about 12:30 am in the morning. :roll:)
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

Off to Crown again then for live games. Hopefully they have it live this year. Last year we had to pay entry fee to All-Star Cafe to all finals games.
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

There is a better place. "The Ross and Crown" I belive.

I watched the SOO III there and it was a good venue.
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
cam
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I just dont get it, channel 10 has the AFL finals... so 9 dont have any excuses!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How do they get away with it?
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

cam wrote:I just dont get it, channel 10 has the AFL finals... so 9 dont have any excuses!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How do they get away with it?
They pay enough money to the NRL I 'spose.

And the NRL are really piss weak as far as Admin goes.
mb09
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Best chance of 9 showing a Storm final live would be a Sunday afternoon game which obviously won't happen in the 1st week of finals.Waldron admitted that things are unlikely to improve next year but if 9 lose AFL rights he is hopeful things will be better in 2007 & beyond.
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The best thing to do is bombard all the media with phone calls and I will post on Sunday night all the phone numbers (Victorian and Syndey) that we need to get everyone to call. (it will cost people money but if we get the games then it is worth it).

And not just the normal suspects either (i.e. Channel Nine).

The bigger the noise people the more gets done.
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Good thing for us Melbourne based supporters is we will be able to see the Week 1 finals match live....

At OP!!! 8)
pods
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

jellyhead wrote:He didn't have any information about the rest of the finals series and I asked him if they might be shown live should Melbourne Storm make it further into the finals, and he said he didn't know. I said "so once again, the Melbourne NRL fans are jibbed by Channel 9 and thanks for nothing".
I hope you didnt say that on the phone. I can understand why you'd be upset, but the person on the other end of the line is prbably just a help desk person and not any one involved with actual programming. Further, that sounds kinda rude and which reflects on all storm and melbourne rugby league supporters.

I dont like the situation as much as the next melbourne RL supporter, but whinnging or tacking our frustrations out on others, in what could be considered a rude manner, doesn't make the rest of us look great, or even that we deserve to have resonably timed games.

I think the key word is be patient.Very patient!
Help edit the Rugby League Wikipedia - The Encyclopedia created for the people, by the people. Also the best thing to happen to Rugby League since Dally Messenger

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rugby_League
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

patient? storm havent got a decent deal from nine since they were brought into the comp...how patient can you be?
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

No wonder rateing for league are low in Victoria when Channel Nien constantly lie about the time that they show the replay.

Yesterday the NRL footy show was delayed by and hour.

Today (I assume) it is delayed by half an hour.

Pricks :roll:
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

pods wrote:I hope you didnt say that on the phone. I can understand why you'd be upset, but the person on the other end of the line is prbably just a help desk person and not any one involved with actual programming. Further, that sounds kinda rude and which reflects on all storm and melbourne rugby league supporters.
Pods, when you ring Ch Nein the receptionist doesn't field these calls, usually puts you through to the programming department. I'm fairly sure when I've rung them it's ben Len Downs, the nob head, that has fielded the call who comes across as being anti-RL.
pods wrote:I think the key word is be patient.Very patient!
Patient? Patient?? Patient???

Pods, no offence but every Victorian based rugby league supporter is sick to death of being patient with these arseholes at Ch Nein!!! Most of us seriously hoped that another channel would get the new FTA TV rights, unfortunately the NRL sold us out again. Take a long hard look at the new FTA TV rights agreement and I think you will find that it does virtually nothing to improve our situation, except for maybe SoO. Test matches and the grand final are generally shown live now. Regular NRL matches will be scheduled for 11:50pm so they meet the agreement, but then get shown at 12:30am due to programme overrun or some such bullshit excuse, but that excuse will get them off the hook from breaching the agreement. :roll:
pods
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

KINGY wrote:patient? storm havent got a decent deal from nine since they were brought into the comp...how patient can you be?
Just remember it is business and channel 9 are only doing whats good for them and their shareholders. If you want to pressure any one, it should be the NRL, who have an obligation to their supporters or stock holders; those being the fans in melbourne. This is also has a lot to do with the ARL, as they are the SOO organisers.
Help edit the Rugby League Wikipedia - The Encyclopedia created for the people, by the people. Also the best thing to happen to Rugby League since Dally Messenger

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rugby_League