Finals on FTA/Foxtel

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

storm should just crack a deal with ABC and get games on there....
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
mb09
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Agree Kingy,ABC would be a good option.
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Storm can't 'crack a deal' with anyone! The NRL have sold the tv rights and nothing is going to change. Channel 9 will not let any team broker a deal with another network :roll:
Until the NRL gets rid of the crap people who are just there for New South Wales & Queensland's interests nothing will change. They can talk all the rubbish about Melbourne being important to RL but until they put their money where their mouths are nothing will change. That also applies to television rights - if the NRL were really concerned about Melbourne they would have insisted on a different deal when it comes to televising Melbourne's games down here but the 9 people know the hold AFL has over tv down here.
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

i read somewhere a few weeks ago and waldron said if nine werent going to give them a go that he would look to abc or sbs ..maybe i mis-read it

Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

KINGY wrote:i read somewhere a few weeks ago and waldron said if nine werent going to give them a go that he would look to abc or sbs ..maybe i mis-read it
IIRC the FTA TV rights says that Nein must start the Friday night replay before midnight, if they don't do this then the ABC and/or SBS can show the game in Melbourne.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Surandy wrote:
KINGY wrote:i read somewhere a few weeks ago and waldron said if nine werent going to give them a go that he would look to abc or sbs ..maybe i mis-read it
IIRC the FTA TV rights says that Nein must start the Friday night replay before midnight, if they don't do this then the ABC and/or SBS can show the game in Melbourne.
oh. that must be what it was then.

clock off
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Pods & Tigger have got it right: forget the CH9 bashing. The NRL sold the rights without looking after Melbourne fans. The NRL are responsible for this silly situation. Imagine a convert new to the game. Turn up to Olympic Park for the Storm Home games, get pay TV for away games, & even take an interest in a few other matches. Then after all that time, commitment, & expense, no coverage of the finals.Rather than win fans, it seems the NRL are trying to put people off.
cam
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

If 9 dont want to show it here, then pass it onto a channel who will.

(Foxsports should do a deal with channel 9, like Foxfooty does with the AFL and shows brisbane/sydney etc games when its on FTA here)
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Surandy wrote:IIRC the FTA TV rights says that Nein must start the Friday night replay before midnight, if they don't do this then the ABC and/or SBS can show the game in Melbourne.
Does this also go for our final next saturday night? From what i've seen of the tv guide online, there is no NRL scheduled before midnight... and for those of us lucky enough to have pay-tv, its not on until 7am sunday...
pods
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Hailstorm wrote:
Surandy wrote:IIRC the FTA TV rights says that Nein must start the Friday night replay before midnight, if they don't do this then the ABC and/or SBS can show the game in Melbourne.
Does this also go for our final next saturday night? From what i've seen of the tv guide online, there is no NRL scheduled before midnight... and for those of us lucky enough to have pay-tv, its not on until 7am sunday...
I didnt think channel 9's obligations started in 2005. I thought at the earliest 2006 NRL season and latest 2007! Are we even sure channel 9 are bound to this before midnight agreement as of know?
Help edit the Rugby League Wikipedia - The Encyclopedia created for the people, by the people. Also the best thing to happen to Rugby League since Dally Messenger

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rugby_League
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

That ABC/SBS alternate broadcast arrangement won't begin until the new NRL broadcast contract begins, which is 2007.
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

so boys and girls, we need to sort out where is showing the game live next sat night.
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Thunderstruck wrote:That ABC/SBS alternate broadcast arrangement won't begin until the new NRL broadcast contract begins, which is 2007.
I thought the new agreement actually replaces the existing agreement with effect from 2006. Obviously some of the changes won't occur until 2007, ie Monday night football, two Friday night matches, etc.
mb09
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Any word on tv telecast for Sat Night's game.Will 9 even consider showing final live?
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Surandy wrote:
I bet Nine will schedule the games at 11:55pm just so that ABC or SBS cant get them on for us at a decent hour.
It wouldnt surprise me the lengths Afl stooges will go to keep RL out of Victoria.