Rodney Howe/Drop him

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

What's the go with Howe.
Ive read articles through the offseason were Kearns has said Howe's in his best form he's ever been in and Bellamy said in an article that Howes really fit and playing well.?????????????????
Was that Rodney Howe playin agaisnt Knights or a long lost twin brother who looks like howe but cant play league.

ok that kick was good and we scored a try from it.
But his over all game did not live up to the expectation that those comments on above were based on.
His Dfence was disgraceful, he only played 10 mins and he looked like he was about to have a heart attack,

What do you think the problem was?
Maybe being out of the game a long time he just lacks form and fitness.
Or he was sick with the flu or he reavravated a injury?

Every ones saying how Moala should be dropped what about Howe.
He underperformed way more (or less) then Moala.
Give him to Norths to get some fitness and form back and Bring
BIG BOB Tanuilu up here.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Unfortunately, "BIG BOB Tanuilu" cannot hold the damn ball! Last season when he played, and in the trial games that I went to this year, his butter fingers negated any big charges that he made.
I certainly see the massive potential that this guy has, but until he learns to secure the ball when he charges at the line, he is of no use to us.
Smacka (C)
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

If Rodney's bad defence you're talking about is the line break they made in the second half and gained 30 or so metres, he does have an excuse. The ref was calling him out for offside, so I presume he was trying not to give away a penalty. I reckon their player heard the call and ran straight at him to get thru. In hindsight it may have been better to give away the penalty though. But it's a split second decision. (I heard the ref through Sports Ears calling him offside)
I'm not siding with Rodney, just pointing out what seemed like a bad defensive error on his part.
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Smacka wrote:If Rodney's bad defence you're talking about is the line break they made in the second half and gained 30 or so metres, he does have an excuse. The ref was calling him out for offside, so I presume he was trying not to give away a penalty. I reckon their player heard the call and ran straight at him to get thru. In hindsight it may have been better to give away the penalty though. But it's a split second decision. (I heard the ref through Sports Ears calling him offside)
I'm not siding with Rodney, just pointing out what seemed like a bad defensive error on his part.
There was another player in the tackle, he got back in the defensive line
a lot quicker. Howe walked back to the line, he looked tired.
10 mins was all he played. Thats no good enough, bring in someone who's gonna be more valuable like Hoffman or Kaufusi.

Oh well Bellamy knows what his doing.