Signings, Re-Signings and Releases

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

One last thing from me.

Remember a simular sort of innuendo was leveled at the wife of our last halfback the was proven FALSE.

As SUnrandy has said......LETS LEAVE IT TO THOSE WHO KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Surandy wrote:
While you are at it why don't you contact Rebecca Wilson, Danny Wierdler and Ray Hadley. I am sure all of them would love any excuse to drag RL & Storm through the mud.
:cry:
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
bunnies
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

If people have taken offence at my persuing this, well as said before you are all entitled to your opinion.

But it is not some disgruntled person trying to drag the Storm down, it is fact and as Buzz has previously stated he too has had it confirmed by at least 3 independant persons.

If and when Orford and Bell sign elsewhere it will certainly be because of this person who has more than a role as administration with the club than any thing I or others are accused of doing. It is against all the rules etc and should not be allowed to happen and should be stopped and not be ignored just because it may effect harmony, reputation etc of the club.

If it was any other club many of you who are now criticising me would more than likely be stating your opinion about how wrong it is.

I have nothing to hide, and will not back down, as stated before the truth about the situation has to be known, if it is allowed now, it will be allowed again, and who wants that?

Cheers
Bunnies
Go the Mighty Melbourne Storm and the Mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs!!
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

I think the important thing here to remember is if this situation did not involve the players it currently does. What I mean is if this same Administrator was a manager for a couple of low-grade, low-potential players and he was doing the same tactics of pushing out classy players to benefit his players and hence himself, we'd be up in arms and kicking down the door for his dismissal!

As it is, I feel many are impartial to the whole affair because if we lose Orford and Bell, well we have up-and-coming guns in Cronk and Inglis to take their places! Where's the harm in that? How about we replace Slater with Lavea? Or bring back Swain and kick out Smithy? If it's wrong - it's wrong. I think we should stand against these actions before the precedent has been set!
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

its an up hill battle.

orford was always going to leave.

if the club is doing this , ofcourse it is wrong...doesnt matter who it is!!!! all be it slater or some kid in the devils team.

but there are inconsistencies in the story.....so we cant all just belive what we read. when the club admits to it..or are found guilty by the nrl or whoever thats when i belive it. i have been resigned to losing orford since the season started...he was never going to stay.

after all ones team loss is another teams gain...this will be manly's loss and our gain
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

bunnies wrote:
If and when Orford and Bell sign elsewhere it will certainly be because of this person who has more than a role as administration with the club than any thing I or others are accused of doing. It is against all the rules etc and should not be allowed to happen and should be stopped and not be ignored just because it may effect harmony, reputation etc of the club.
If it IS illegal you would be better off contacting Ian Schubert or Graeme Annesly at the NRL.

Unfortunately the media are likely to either ignore it or beat it up into an anti-Melbourne thing.

People at the club may have their agendas as you say - I wouldn't be suprised if it were so. However the whole thing has been a debacle and I am convinced that the Manly talks are a reopening of negotiations which were almost completed some weeks ago. There are lots of things going on in the background here - most of them underhanded - and I think the only innocent party in all this is Steve Bell.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

As far as I'm aware, Bell is not so innocent either, because he is waiting to see what Orford does... therefore he has involved himself in this whole mess. But I do believe Bell has made this decision because the Storm have taken so long to get an offer to him, which is a direct result of Orford taking his time.

It all comes down to this: the Storm have made Orford an offer - whether it was weeks ago or months ago doesn't really matter. It was then up to Orford to accept the offer or go elsewhere. End of story. Unless the Storm have withdrawn their offer (as a result of some unfair dealings behind the scenes as bunnies has suggested), how can the Storm be in the wrong? Bottom line - Orford has the decision to make - take it or leave it Matt!

As I mentioned before, if Orford really wanted to stay, he could have upgraded his one year contract as soon as the Central Coast did not get a team.
MS
Squall
Squall

bunnies wrote:If people have taken offence at my persuing this, well as said before you are all entitled to your opinion.

But it is not some disgruntled person trying to drag the Storm down, it is fact and as Buzz has previously stated he too has had it confirmed by at least 3 independant persons.

If it was any other club many of you who are now criticising me would more than likely be stating your opinion about how wrong it is.

I have nothing to hide, and will not back down, as stated before the truth about the situation has to be known, if it is allowed now, it will be allowed again, and who wants that?

Cheers
Bunnies
No one should take offence with what you have written as you have proved yourself to be a great supporter of the Storm.

I firmly believe that there are 2 sides to this story.

We'll never know the complete truth to the debacle and it is a debacle.

However the Storm, and Orford situation is not an isolated contract issue. Nearly every club has these types of incidences nearly every year. Take the Monaghan contract negotiations :lol:

Bell I reckon is a mate of Orfords and has taken his side on these issues. (They make a great pakage).

Don't hide anything Bunnies, Bring it on. :D
bunnies
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Thankyou MS and other persons who support what I have done ( and by the way I am not working alone, no, not Stormboy, but other very well known supporters of the club have made contact with those whom we believe need to know the truth behind this saga, And Yes, the NRL have been notified by persons other than myself.

I, more than probably anyone currently supporting the Storm do not want to bring the club into disrepute, I have been a loyal supporter of the Rabbitohs for over 40 years, so I know all about crisis etc.

All those who have met me know how passionate I am about rugby league, in particular the Storm and Rabbitohs ( I make a spectacle of myself each time they play each other by wearing both the colours of each team together.)

The fact is, what I have said is true, it is happening and it has to stop now. If it means heads roll at a administrative level well so be it, accountability, fair play and honesty should be paramount. Our feelings about individual players should not colour our view, I would be doing exactly what I have done if it was happening to any player in either of my teams, the fact that it is Orford and Bell has not affected my decision making or approach to the issue at all.

I hope that those are disappointed by our actions eventually understand why we have done this and that the end result is fair and just for all concerned.

Cheers
Bunnies :D
Go the Mighty Melbourne Storm and the Mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs!!
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I don't have a problem with what has been put, apart from the beating around the bush. It is this exact thing (beating aorund the bush) that caused a couple of morons (they are supporters arseholes) to ring the club with death threats to a player and his wife.

My point is there are two sides and to say the club WONT talk to Orford is not fully correct, is it. If so, name who is saying the club wont. (remember one very famous message baord was closed down because of innuendo and other false statements).

Every public comment from his manager says otherwise and apart from Bevis, Mimis goes to the media more than any other manger when his players aren't getting a good go by a club.

If there IS a rule in the NRL (which I haven't been able to find) then bring it to Waldron and the NRL's attention as TC has said.

AS I have mentioned, the club...well News, put pressure on Ribot to get Murray to drop his management of a few players, which he was manager off before he became head coach, the unfortunet thing was it was a little to late and a number of suspect players reacieved long term contracts.

I will say it again, the only reason why I want Orford to go is coz HE has stuffed the club around for the second year running.

The offer on the table from the club (BACK IN LATE APRIL) was for three years. THREE YEARS and from reports, that was the sticking point. The club wanted three Orford didn't. The club (finally) got a back bone and has said that they will not move on the length of the contract. Now that tells me that the club WANT to keep him and this one person hasn't got much of a say.

Orford has a vebal agreement with Singo re the Central Coast and I believe that we (The Supporters and CLub) shouldn't have to put up with being loyal to ANYONE no matter who they are when they want to use Storm has a tranist stop until the location they really want to play at becomes available.

Another question, Do people honestly believe that one person (who is only the recuritment manager) has the only and final say of WHO the club signs.....PLEASE. That to me slaps the likes of Bellamy, Lance and the rest of the coaching staff and Waldron in the face and a lack of respect for their ability of running and building the club for it's future.
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
Fampa
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I have read the last two pages of this thread.

And I still have no idea what any of you are talking about.

Please don't feel any need to explain it to me. It sounds far too complicated and appears it may interrupt the enjoyment I get out of my team.

=;
*Champagne football*
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

"Another question, Do people honestly believe that one person (who is only the recuritment manager) has the only and final say of WHO the club signs.....PLEASE. That to me slaps the likes of Bellamy, Lance and the rest of the coaching staff and Waldron in the face and a lack of respect for their ability of running and building the club for it's future."

Good call.

Sounds to me a few to many supporters should lay off the "over dramitise" pills for a few days.
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Fampa wrote:I have read the last two pages of this thread.

And I still have no idea what any of you are talking about.

Please don't feel any need to explain it to me. It sounds far too complicated and appears it may interrupt the enjoyment I get out of my team.

=;
here here :roll: :roll: :roll:
[b]Who Dares Wins!!![/b]
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

what the hell is taking orford so long to sign up with a club?
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
James
Squall
Squall

I think he's too busy organising the Annual Players Comedy/Auction (as mentioned in the Hoffman column...) to bother with the little stuff. :wink: