Bellamy Slams Ref And His Players

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Earl
Monsoon
Monsoon

A furious Melbourne coach Craig Bellamy couldn't decide who had performed worse in tonight's 28-14 NRL loss to Penrith - referee Shayne Hayne or his own Storm players.

Bellamy was fuming that Hayne ruled a 43rd-minute pass from Steven Bell to a flying Billy Slater had gone forward, denying the Storm a near-certain try as the lightning quick fullback had a clear run to the line.

The Storm led 8-4 at the time, but went behind a minute later when Panthers hooker Luke Priddis crashed over from dummy-half.

Penrith scored another 20 unanswered points, to snap a five-game losing streak and keeping their slim finals hopes alive.

"I was really disappointed with how we played the second half and I was just as disappointed in the man with the whistle out there," said Bellamy.

"I thought (the forward pass against Bell) was a terrible decision, it turned the game.

"We didn't need any help to turn the game Penrith's way, we did it ourselves, but that decision, I can't believe he came up with it.

"It'll cost me $10,000 but I'm telling you, (Hayne) was as bad as we were."

Priddis, Brett Howland, Luke Swain and Preston Campbell all crossed for second-half tries for the visitors, with Campbell converting all four of them.

With the margin still only eight points in the 66th minute, Hayne denied Storm centre Matt King a try, ruling that Greg Inglis was offside.

Melbourne's only second-half points came from a 79th minute try to Bell.

"(Our heads) dropped and they didn't come up again," said Bellamy.

"It was the worst half of footy we've played since I've been here.

"Our effort went right away - as soon as we got a bit of a setback it all seemed too hard."

Penrith coach John Lang said he had his back turned when Bell's pass to Slater was ruled forward.

"We probably think we've been on the end of some tough calls, you always feel that way probably when you're not going well," he said.

"We've worn them without whingeing so if we get a good one, we'll wear it with thanks."

Melbourne has now lost four of its last five matches at home.

It had all looked so different early on for the Storm, who dominated much of the opening half and could well have led by more than four points at the break.

Their first-half tries came from Matt King and Matt Geyer, while Panthers winger Luke Lewis also crossed for his 11th try of a productive 2005.

It was only Penrith's second victory in eight attempts in Melbourne, although they had flogged the Storm 36-16 at home back in round five.

Depending on other results, the Panthers could be within two games of the top eight at the end of round 15.

"We just knew we had to lift," said Lang.

"The last couple of times we've come down here we've started OK and then they've just absolutely blown us off the park in the second half.

"And if we had fallen away they were capable of doing the same thing tonight."

Second-rower Frank Pritchard was a late withdrawal for Penrith tonight with a knee injury.
http://www.smh.com.au/news/Sport/Bellam ... 03293.html
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

pfftt...bellamy was kind
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Earl
Monsoon
Monsoon

I brought this for Craig;

Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

Oooooh that's a pretty axe, is it sharp?
If so, might I be able to use it after Bellamy in the case where a certain player makes the incorrect assumption that having the number 6 on his back enables him to kick the ball accurately? ;)
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/QueenChrista/sucks.jpg[/img]
cam
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I'll chip in for the $10, 000

Because he isnt a coach of the Roosters he wont get off.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

he didnt say anything that bad

cam
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Well.. he was honest.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

what about this quote from the storm site article about the game:
"I can handle putting a good effort in and getting beat, but to go down with a whimper like we did tonight just isn't on."

Bellamy also sent a clear message out to his players after the game.

"If that doesn't change, some other things will be changing around the place."

Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

I operated the Storm inflatable dude and I never gave it to a ref as much as I did about that "forward pass"

He was pathetic all night.
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Everything has already been said about the f**kwit's refereeing tonight. He made me say the 'F' word in front of my mother for the first time in many years!! :shock:
Yes, our guys play like little babies when things don't go their way, but the referee was an absolute disgrace! He wouldn't call the forward passes by Penrith, Webster gets done for losing the ball in the tackle even though he holds onto it - and then to make matters worse, he penalises us for complaining about the f**king stupid decision when he could clearly see that he was still holding it!!

AAARRRGGHH!!!!! :evil:

He'll more than likely get the $10,000 fine, so Bellamy might as well not hold back!
Earl
Monsoon
Monsoon

I'll pay him $10,000 myself if he calls Hayne a lima lima lima duck disgrace.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

ill chip aswell with that earl ..ill chip in another $10,000 if he calls his mother a whore

Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

:shock:

No need to bring his poor mother into this - can you imagine the embarassment she must feel at the moment?! Poor lady probably has to lock herself away from the public like a hermit!
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Its obvous that the refs are getting under the table payments form anti-Melbourne nazi's in
a effort to make them a unsuccesful team.

Bellamy's idea of the axe is dropping Turner back to the bench to make way for Hoffman.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Craig Bellamy wrote:"It was the worst half of footy we've played since I've been here."
I am getting tired of reading that this season!!!