STORM TO RESUME RUNNING BATTLE / CHAN??

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

At melbournestorm.com.au there's an article titled:
STORM TO RESUME RUNNING BATTLE WITH RAIDERS.
Who is the Big guy in the picture jogging? Is it Chan?
He looks a big boy whoever it is, cant wait to see him play.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I was wondering the same thing. Chan is the only one I can think of, and seeing as it's been a while since he played with Parra, I can't picture him. Whoever it is, he is huge, and I really wouldn't want to be trying to tackle him. If it is Chan, and he stays fit, then I reserve the right to retract any statements I made against him in the past
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

steaming stormer wrote:I was wondering the same thing. Chan is the only one I can think of, and seeing as it's been a while since he played with Parra, I can't picture him. Whoever it is, he is huge, and I really wouldn't want to be trying to tackle him. If it is Chan, and he stays fit, then I reserve the right to retract any statements I made against him in the past
I was thinking it might be that Antonio Kaufusi guy that played one game for us last year, but played well for Norths. I re-call him being a prop, so it could be him.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yeah, he was the first one I thought of, but then thought of Chan, so hopefully someone will know and be able to tell us
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

I doubt that it's Alex Chan although you could say there's a slight resemblance but the name of the file (Sione.jpg) doesn't say it is.

If anyone's wondering, here's a pic of Alex Chan from the NRL site.
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]
Fampa
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

There are no Norths contracted players called Sione so I can't help anyone there.

It could be anyone in pre-season training, coaches will let anyone have a run if they have some talent. Adrian Vowles is currently training with the Broncos and he's only been back in Australia for two weeks.
*Champagne football*
Storm Angel
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I found a Sione Faumuina on the Auckland Warriors website who looks a bit like the guy in the photo. Says he is a loose forward/centre.
I don't know how to attach a photo, so have a look at the website.
NZ Storm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

It's definitely not Faumuina. He's very happy in Auckland, as are the Warriors with him.

Plus the only thing he has in common with his namesake is that they are both Polynesian and thats about where the resemblence ends.
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

Like I said in another thread, I saw a number of unknown islanders looking like part of the storm training squad few days ago. This guy might be one of them although I didn't see him at VG.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Lucas wrote:
steaming stormer wrote:I was wondering the same thing. Chan is the only one I can think of, and seeing as it's been a while since he played with Parra, I can't picture him. Whoever it is, he is huge, and I really wouldn't want to be trying to tackle him. If it is Chan, and he stays fit, then I reserve the right to retract any statements I made against him in the past
I was thinking it might be that Antonio Kaufusi guy that played one game for us last year, but played well for Norths. I re-call him being a prop, so it could be him.
It is Antonio Kaufusi, I've met him a few times in the past 12 months. He's a great bloke, he trained with the Storm squad last year and is back training with them again this year. He played one or two games late in the year for the Storm and was on stand-by for a few other matches. Oh, he also has this real hate for Studley Park for some reason. :wink:

Alex Chan is a damn big and imposing bloke, I would not like to be facing him on a rugby field. He also has quite a nasty scar on his right arm from past operations.

Surandy
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

Okay everyone, make sure you mention Studley Park next time you meet them! :D :lol: :lol: