3 stormers in QLD prelim team

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Preliminary Queensland Origin squad;

Shaun Berrigan, Matt Bowen, Paul Bowman, Tonie Carroll, Petero Civoniceva, Michael Crocker, Chris Flannery, Dallas Johnson, Darren Lockyer, Steven Price, Scott Prince, Ben Ross, Matt Sing, Billy Slater, Cameron Smith, Jason Smith, Brent Tate, Brad Thorn, Johnathan Thurston, Willie Tonga, Carl Webb, Rhys Wesser.

:D :D :D awesome job that DJ is there....deserves it! also good to see billy and cam there too :) :)
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Allykat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Oh thats great Dallas is awesome..I thought he was our best on the weekend (or one of our best)

Hopefully all three of them make the cut :)
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/DaniStorm/allyz.jpg[/img]
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Way to go Dallas, with Tates shoulder injury im surprised Steve Bell was included.
cam
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I'ld love to see the big hits of Dallas in Origin!
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Dal will be over the moon about this!! :lol:
The worst thing for Storm is that we'd be losing the guys for the Bulldogs game - that's gunna be a pain!! :x
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

I hope Sonny Bill's playin in that game, I want to get a photo with him.
Earl
Monsoon
Monsoon

Steve Bell can again consider himself unlucky, but Berrigan and Tonga the incumbent test centres, I don't think he was going to make the 17.

Great to see DJ there though. Hopefully he jags a bench spot.
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

SBW most likely won't play against us, latest prognosis is round 14.

While it's great for DJ to be in the squad, I don't think Tonie Carroll will make way for him unless he's injured. Some battle of the halves in there, Smith vs Lockyer, Thurston vs Prince, something Queensland haven't had the luxury of in the last few years. I can't come up with the best 17 out of that list, everyone's too good to leave behind.
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]
thinga87
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I think for Dallas its a case of either him or Carroll to protect Lockyer. If Carroll is injured when the team is picked, it'll be Dallas... good recognition for him though :)
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

Congrats to Slater, Smith and DJ...... :D

Not a fan of Berrigan ot Tonga..... Bell is mighty unlucky. :(
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

thinga87 wrote:I think for Dallas its a case of either him or Carroll to protect Lockyer. If Carroll is injured when the team is picked, it'll be Dallas... good recognition for him though :)
What about Jason Smith? He could play lock as well and as for his age ... well Bennett seems to like picking his older brother :roll:

Regardless well done to Cam Billy and Dallas, I may not be able to see them in Melbourne but I have every intention of stalking them in Qld!
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/QueenChrista/sucks.jpg[/img]
thinga87
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Please Jason Smith? Honestly he'd be taking away from the options on the Queensland bench should he make the 17.
Yes he's in good form in Canberra, but still Queensland have enough ball playing options to put on the bench ahead of him.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

DJ the enforcer!!!

Good luck to him, hope for his sake he gets into the final 17.
Lord Reynoldson
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

thinga87 wrote:Please Jason Smith? Honestly he'd be taking away from the options on the Queensland bench should he make the 17.
Yes he's in good form in Canberra, but still Queensland have enough ball playing options to put on the bench ahead of him.
Well he has just pulled out of the Origin squad. Said he was shocked to have been named in it and is retiring from rep footy.

Congrats to Cam, DJ and Billy. I told him earlier he's gonna make rep selection this year and he had a little chuckle at the thought. Guess who's right! \:D/
Glory, Glory to South Sydney!
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

With Smith out Dallas would surley get a bench spot. He's been voted by the players as the best Dfensive player
in the league, so how could he not be in the side.