Goalkicking

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!

Who should be our goalkicker?

Poll runs till Wed Apr 28, 2038 11:52 am

Matt Orford
25%
Matt Geyer
25%
Cameron Smith
50%
Cooper Cronk
No votes
Dustin Cooper
No votes
Bring back Glenn "Mr 100%" Lazarus
No votes

Total votes: 16
NZ Storm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I haven't seen any goals next to Ox's name from the trails. I assume Craig Bellamy has been trying the guys out as we seem to have had a different kicker in each trial.

I think it should be someone other than Ox so that he is free to concentrate on general play & plus he doesn't have very good distance on the kicks from out wide.
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

Cronk and Cooper are still unknown talents to me in the kicking dept
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
Fampa
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I didn't see Ox kicking up in Toowoomba, I think Cam Smith and Dustin Cooper got the chance, and it was only Matt Geyer who was able to convert.

I'd still like to see Ox taking the kicks, otherwise I would have nominated Cooper Cronk, but until he gets a regular spot, there was no point voting for him.
*Champagne football*
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I did manage to confirm (for sure) that it was Dustin Cooper and NOT Cooper Cronk kicking at Noosa a few weeks back, and he was hitting them pretty well (Cronk played #6, Dustin played #4).

Geyer hit a beauty at Toowoomba, and I asked him after the game whether he'd like to be kicking again, and he said that he didn't really have a problem with that responsibility, but he just didn't regard himself as the best kicker.

My only problems with Orford kicking are his groin-related injuries and his lack of distance. In saying that, he did surprise me on more than one occasion with his sideline conversions last year.

I suppose confidence is the key, and with Geyer back at Wing this year (to start anyway), maybe kicking will return Geyer to the top of the pointscorers list! :wink:
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Didn't the Storm do some reciprocal training with Collingwood that involved the Storm getting some kicking training?

how did that go and who from the Storm was involved in the training?
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Danny Williams
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
NZ Storm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

That would have been to do with tips on kicking in general play wouldn't it? I doubt AFL players would have any useful tips about place kicking.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

NZ Storm wrote:That would have been to do with tips on kicking in general play wouldn't it? I doubt AFL players would have any useful tips about place kicking.
Actually they do. Striking the ball correctly, good follow through and judging the effects of wind on the flight of the ball. If memory serves me correctly, Tony Lockett did some work with one of the NSW clubs regarding goal kicking.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately