Round 9 vs Gold Coast Titans

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Melbourne with momentum attacking the Titans line. Fifita runs back through the ruck and kicks the ball away. No professional foul. Yeah, righto.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The shot for goal was the wrong option.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sua off again.

As poor of a game I’ve seen from an official in a long time.
Bullucked
Monsoon
Monsoon

Why must the player have to lay down to get an obvious penalty
Bullucked
Monsoon
Monsoon

Radio are say Sua has been taken off so he can't be taken off again for HIA and cop the compulsary stand down for next week
Bartos
Squall
Squall

F*** this game and this team
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

This game sucks ass

You could really make a case to drop half the team next week. How much is incompetence, poor reffing, and injuries though
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Joe Chan, that is brilliant getting across to save the day. We have looked cooked all 2nd half and to make that effort then with the game on the line, we have been so so poor and are still somehow in front. Don’t deserve to win, almost think a loss would have been more beneficial. Awful win, one that’s tough to even get any enjoyment out of.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Not sure I’ve ever been so disappointed with a win.

From a positive perspective, we overcame losing our FB and a winger.

From a negative perspective, literally everything else.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We lost virtually every team stat, but somehow won.

Titans completed better, missed half as many tackles, made more line breaks, ran for more metres (and PCM).
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Definitely think the Paps injury rattled us and that’s why our energy was down in the second half. But do think opponents foot speed and athleticism really does bother us at times. Very brave to hold on but wonder how long we can get away with having these extended rough patches.
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Such a weird game to break down but I thought Papenhuyzen looked the best he has in years before his injury, such a shame. We played brilliantly for about 10 minutes and just phoned in the rest of it.

Hard to give any player a pass mark, but I thought Harry was phenomenal in the middle, King was solid and I actually thought Loiero in his last spell really settled us and made some strong runs and tackles. Munster and Hughes both had their worst games of the year, but the real issue was again the outside backs. Meaney was horrendous, Reimis must have had money on GC was a passenger all night, Warbrick was Warbrick and Sua was ok but barely got any time on the ball, his try was electric though.

All I can think is the Paps injury just got in the guys heads, at a loss to explain it, we have had a tough start to the year and Titans had a lot of energy, we won somehow, put that one behind us and focus on Sharks now.
Bullucked
Monsoon
Monsoon

Papenhuyzen23 wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 7:39 pm Such a weird game to break down but I thought Papenhuyzen looked the best he has in years before his injury, such a shame. We played brilliantly for about 10 minutes and just phoned in the rest of it.

Hard to give any player a pass mark, but I thought Harry was phenomenal in the middle, King was solid and I actually thought Loiero in his last spell really settled us and made some strong runs and tackles. Munster and Hughes both had their worst games of the year, but the real issue was again the outside backs. Meaney was horrendous, Reimis must have had money on GC was a passenger all night, Warbrick was Warbrick and Sua was ok but barely got any time on the ball, his try was electric though.

All I can think is the Paps injury just got in the guys heads, at a loss to explain it, we have had a tough start to the year and Titans had a lot of energy, we won somehow, put that one behind us and focus on Sharks now.

Having only listened to the game thus far (and oh boy what a hard listen it was) what happened to our forwards? I get defensive issues when people are playing out of position but what about our forwards, was there no "aiming up"?
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Weird game. Way too many missed tackles from the Storm.

Turning point was when Wishart and Munster butchered that try right on half-time.

Can’t really afford to play Wishart in the back-three again. He really isn’t suited to those positions.

Thought the Titans had some really bad calls against them but that Sami try was absolutely horrendous after the Koroisau one got overturned last week.
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Bullucked wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 7:50 pm
Papenhuyzen23 wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 7:39 pm Such a weird game to break down but I thought Papenhuyzen looked the best he has in years before his injury, such a shame. We played brilliantly for about 10 minutes and just phoned in the rest of it.

Having only listened to the game thus far (and oh boy what a hard listen it was) what happened to our forwards? I get defensive issues when people are playing out of position but what about our forwards, was there no "aiming up"?
They just looked out of gas honestly, first half Blore, Katoa etc looked dangerous and were punching holes, 2nd half they were just exhausted tackling everything that moved and usually making up for an outside backs mistake.

Best way to describe the 2nd half was we were simply out enthused , they had more energy and determination than us to try and win the game, luckily we had a decent lead to hang onto but it was worrying viewing.

Becoming the norm this season winning tight games, ladder position is misleading we could easily be at the other end with a few different bounces of the ball, besides Souths we haven’t won very convincingly all year honestly.