Round 7 vs Sydney Roosters

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Paps had three players to choose from there for a try. Bombed big time.
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

yourhero wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:23 pm Our hopeless touch finders at penalties sh*t me to no end.
Or the 3 passes on 2 block runners we do on every penalty restart and end making 0 metres each time we do it, boggles my mind.

Nice finish there from Katoa lot of strength to get that one down.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Klein. “Nelson is trying to get up to run there”

Blood. Boiling.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Papenhuyzen23 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:33 pm

Or the 3 passes on 2 block runners we do on every penalty restart and end making 0 metres each time we do it, boggles my mind.

I know right, the guy taking the tap is better off running forward, but, they want the ball centre off field.
Earlier game this season Meaney took every tap and ran it forward, obviously a coaching ploy in that game.
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Weird first-half.

I think some of the passing has been a bit erratic. Katoa and Papenhuyzen have had a few moments which probably should have been finished off.

That goal-line defence to finish the half was outstanding though.

Going to need more from the pack once the Roosters starting forwards and Smith come on though.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

yourhero wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:36 pm Klein. “Nelson is trying to get up to run there”

Blood. Boiling.
Plenty of WTF decisions going both ways.

Teddy has the ref in his pocket, throwing himself over, 1 penalty and 1 six again.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Can the refs sort out whether or not a player is actually trying to get up and run or play the ball? That one on NAS was insane. 6’9 dude on one knee at the try line is probably not looking to gain metres there.

Sloppy half. A bit wasteful. Not sure why Munster is so quite and we need Paps to play straighter (and not blow tries).
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Also, Andrew Voss is a dribbler. Just noting what people probably already knew. Spouts utter nonsense.
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Some pretty average football, I don’t know how we are in front.

Munster has been off looks very tentative, the right edge has been struggling again, and the errors and discipline have been a problem too. Paps looks devoid of any confidence for some reason, that bombed try was just perplexing not sure what he saw or what he was thinking.

Positives we have been gritty in defence, Hughes is far and away our best player now, Harry has been good in the trenches as has Loiero who has been doing a lot of good clean up work. Warbrick has been pretty poor again but I’ll give him this he is getting stuck in, taken some very tough runs coming out of trouble, putting his hand up to try and make amends.

We can only get better in the 2nd half, we still are yet to really click this season, it has to be coming soon.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

yourhero wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:23 pm Our hopeless touch finders at penalties sh*t me to no end.
Here's another of those things that we're just not "professional" with. Kicking down the right side, bring the left footer (Munster) across and the opposite applies to the other side
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Trent left on the ground and unable to take part in the tackle 3 times first half
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Bullucked wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:48 pm Trent left on the ground and unable to take part in the tackle 3 times first half

And poor Chan, looks too much like Trent!
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

We've sure done more than enough to be further in front at half time, Bellamy's message will be patience.
Bartos
Squall
Squall

riders of the storm wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:46 pm Also, Andrew Voss is a dribbler. Just noting what people probably already knew. Spouts utter nonsense.
So biased, has hated Melbourne forever
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

We’ve done a good job on Manu & Suaalli, I’ve been really impressed with that edge this year, Blore Smith and Coates have all been very good defensively.