Round 6 vs Bulldogs

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Why the hell are all our tackle 5 kicks landing between the 15 and 20?
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Bullucked wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:00 pm
Lucas wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:28 pmOh my!
What is this in reference to?
The Coates kick try assist.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We are going to need to adjust or change how we defend on our right edge. Put Reimis over there and not leave Will on an island where he needs to make quick decisions.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bellamy leaving the coaches box 10mins early tells you everything you need to know about how he feels we played.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

blazza18 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:49 pm We are going to need to adjust or change how we defend on our right edge. Put Reimis over there and not leave Will on an island where he needs to make quick decisions.
Agreed.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bellamy doesn’t even give the wingers a choice. If the centre shoots in, the winger must follow. Warbrick looks bad, but he was hung out to dry a few times tonight.
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Josh King is my new favourite player, Herculean effort.

Boys didn’t play well but we keep winning, it will click eventually and when it does look out.
SunshineCoastStormer
Squall
Squall

The Bulldogs left edge of Kikau, Xerri and Fox is top class but our defence made it easy for them too. I don’t think you can pair Meaney and Warbrick together. It was dreadful.

On the plus side we hung in there and got it done.. missed Tui, massive effort by Josh King to cover minutes. Hughes, Munny and Paps big In the set for the last try.

We must improve but it’s good to show we can hang in and win
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:59 pm Bellamy doesn’t even give the wingers a choice. If the centre shoots in, the winger must follow. Warbrick looks bad, but he was hung out to dry a few times tonight.
As I said a couple of weeks ago that is how we defend and people always blame the winger. How many times did people complain about Vunivalu, for example?
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The whole momentum of the game changed when Trent Loiero made one of his customary mistakes. When we were in front, early in first tackle count after a Bulldog got sinbinned and then they go up other end and Pappy gets binned.

While you could argue Kikau contributed to the error, still not good enough from Trent. Needs to get those silly errors and penalties out of his game.
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

We have found our new backrower, Blore got through 80 minutes, scored the match winner and made 40 tackles.

Weapon.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Missing a middle for basically the entire game obviously hurts but that’s our worst performance of the season. Basically full strength at home against an average side and we needed another last ditch try to win. We can’t keep relying on winning this way.
Bartos
Squall
Squall

I've said it many times before and I will say it again and probably not for the last time, but F*** Trent Loiero!!!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The pillow with legs!
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Anyone else think Welch might be back?

I think he’s looked outstanding. He was really important tonight the second the forward rotation got messed up (remembering MacDonald went off for a HIA).

He might not quite be at his pre-injury level in 2022 but I don’t think he’s far off. We’re seeing him standing in collisions, getting quick play the balls when he can and bringing a heap of energy.

King was also awesome tonight. No wonder Bellamy loves this guy - he just gives it all and does the dirty work. No nonsense. 167 metres, 28 tackles with no misses and he played 60 minutes.