Round 6 vs Bulldogs

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Melbourne Storm vs Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs

Friday 12th April @ AAMI Park

6:00 pm Kick-Off

Predicted Storm Line-Up :

1. Ryan PAPENHUYZEN
2. Will WARBRICK
3. Reimis SMITH
4. Nick MEANEY
5. Xavier COATES
6. Cameron MUNSTER
7. Jahrome HUGHES
8. Tui KAMIKAMIKA
9. Harry GRANT (c)
10. Josh KING
11. Shawn BLORE
12. Elisea KATOA
13. Trent LOIERO

14. Bronson GARLICK
15. Christian WELCH
16. Nelson ASOFA-SOLOMONA
17. Joe CHAN

18. Alex MACDONALD
19. Jack HOWARTH
20. Tyran WISHART
21. Tepai MOEROA
22. Jonah PEZET

Team Tips:

I fully expect Nelson Asofa-Solomona to be unleashed finally after being cleared by the NSWRL to play this week, the unlucky man being Alec MacDonald who hasn’t done a whole lot wrong, I could argue he should stay ahead of Welch based purely on form but I doubt Bellamy drops Welch.

I also expect Bronson Garlick to come back into the team who by all accounts was fantastic in his comeback game, Wishart has been serviceable in very limited minutes but I have a feeling the tactic of last season where Garlick starts the game at Dummy-Half and Harry Grant comes on fresh around the 20 minute mark after the sting has gone out of the game will be used again here.

Joe Chan was a coin flip, I think either he or Jack Howarth can nail down that back row spot off the bench, I’m happy with whoever Bellamy decides to play out of the 2.

The Bulldogs are in the wars with Taaffe, Mann, Tracey, Patolo, Edwards, Preston, Wilson, Addo-Carr, Sutton, Suluku-Fifita and Oloapu all on the injured list, they got the better of us in this corresponding fixture last season and I’m sure the boys will have that in the back of their minds and revenge should be sweet, I think we win and win well.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I am not so sure about Garlick coming in to replace Wishart, despite the tactic describe. I think Wishart has been very good in limited minutes. How did Wishart score that try on Thursday night?
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Wishart has been very good in very limited minutes, agreed that try he scored was all heart and effort, he seems to be a Bellamy type of player.

I just think he is only being used in the last 9 or 10 minutes of games where as Garlick being in the team not only gives Harry a proper rest but he is very solid defensively, maybe he will get a few more weeks in reserves to get Km’s in his legs?

I’m curious who would have been leading the race for that utility spot in preseason prior to Bronson's injury.
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Stat Attack

- The Storm have won seven of their past eight games against the Bulldogs.

- The Bulldogs have won only one of their past 10 away games.

- The Storm have won their past 12 games at AAMI Park.

- Bulldogs winger Josh Addo-Carr has scored seven tries in his past nine games at AAMI Park.

- Storm fullback Ryan Papenhuyzen has scored 48 points in his past two games against the Bulldogs.
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Wyatt Raymond will be the referee of this game.

It is his debut NRL match, I’m not sure if that’s a good thing or not for us, but good luck to the young man 👏
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Official Teams

Melbourne Storm

1. Ryan Papenhuyzen 2. William Warbrick 3. Reimis Smith 4. Nick Meaney 5. Xavier Coates 6. Cameron Munster 7. Jahrome Hughes 8. Tui Kamikamica 9. Harry Grant 10. Josh King 11. Shawn Blore 12. Eliesa Katoa 13. Trent Loiero 14. Tyran Wishart 15. Christian Welch 16. Tepai Moeroa 17. Alec MacDonald 18. Joe Chan 19. Jack Howarth 20. Marion Seve 21. Jonah Pezet 22. Nelson Asofa-Solomona

Canterbury Bulldogs

1. Stephen Crichton 2. Connor Tracey 3. Jacob Kiraz 4. Bronson Xerri 5. Josh Addo-Carr 6. Matt Burton 7. Drew Hutchison 8. Max King 9. Reed Mahoney 10. Chris Patolo 11. Viliame Kikau 12. Josh Curran 13. Jaeman Salmon 14. Bailey Hayward 15. Poasa Faamausili 16. Samuel Hughes 17. Kitione Kautoga 19. Toby Sexton 20. Liam Knight 21. Jake Turpin 22. Jeral Skelton 23. Harry Hayes
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Papenhuyzen23 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:05 pm Wyatt Raymond will be the referee of this game.

It is his debut NRL match, I’m not sure if that’s a good thing or not for us, but good luck to the young man 👏
How cool
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Papenhuyzen23 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:05 pm Wyatt Raymond will be the referee of this game.

Hopefully a good young ref. God speed the departure of Klown and the Suttons.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Nelson isn’t happy with the recent reports about his weight during the pre season, he just did an insta story showing an 8kg drop from the start of the year until the week before trials began, goes to show you can’t believe everything you read in the media.

I pray he gets picked for the Bulldogs game, he will want to make a statement no doubt.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Wooowww just seen what he posted …good on him ..just proves it wasn’t about weight at all its was his bloody injury
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Nelson Asofa-Solomona, Jonah Pezet and Marion Seve drop out of the squad, surprising.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Papenhuyzen23 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:06 pm Nelson Asofa-Solomona, Jonah Pezet and Marion Seve drop out of the squad, surprising.
Only NAS is surprising and Craig said how he got through the Captains Run would determine his chances of coming into the team. If Craig doesn’t think he’s ready yet…that’s good enough for me.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Not surprised NAS isn’t in first grade yet
2 weeks ago he played 48 minutes last week he only played 44 (spent 10 in the bin)

I’ll wait till he gets over 60/70 minutes before I believe he is ready for first grade
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Agree Sally another week with the Bears won’t hurt him, with the top 17 playing so well and so few injuries we have the luxury of taking our time with guys returning, Bronson looks to be getting the same treatment and I’m sure Fa’alogo will spend some time in reserves before he is unleashed too.

Competition for positions can only be a good thing for the team, no one is safe and if we stay healthy the already high standards will go even higher as the guys battle for spots in the game day squad.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

With Jonah dropping out, clearly the club thinks Munster is good to go ( though query how close he is to 100%).