Round 6 vs Bulldogs

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
The Black Dot
Squall
Squall

Ans NAS?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I will bet my arse NAS is back in next week
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Bullucked wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:02 pm
Papenhuyzen23 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:55 pm Also that edge of Hughes/Meaney/Warbrick is getting SKINNED, how JAC hasn’t scored yet is beyond me, need to get up in Kikau and Burtons face and stop giving them space to wind up.
But they haven't scored. Your glasses are more tinted than my beer googles in Thailand during a water festival. Getting overlapped each time.
Must have those beer goggles on when you watch Storm games champ ::)
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

yourhero wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:12 pm I will bet my arse NAS is back in next week
Agree, he would have been perfect off the bench tonight. Will be in the team next week no doubt.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Let’s first see how NAS goes this weekend. The spot obviously has opened up for him, but Craig will not put him in unless he performs well for the Bears.

Blokes such as Howarth and Joe Chan should also be aiming for big games, given the chance of a change in the back row ( based on form) .
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

RobbieRoss wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:32 pm Let’s first see how NAS goes this weekend. The spot obviously has opened up for him, but Craig will not put him in unless he performs well for the Bears.

Blokes such as Howarth and Joe Chan should also be aiming for big games, given the chance of a change in the back row ( based on form) .
Alas Tigers have a bye.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

RobbieRoss wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:43 pm
RobbieRoss wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:32 pm Let’s first see how NAS goes this weekend. The spot obviously has opened up for him, but Craig will not put him in unless he performs well for the Bears.

Alas Tigers have a bye.
Joe is a Tiger but Jack is a falcon …wonder if they will send Jack to QLD …they play at 6pm
SunshineCoastStormer
Squall
Squall

SunshineCoastStormer wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:01 pm The Bulldogs left edge of Kikau, Xerri and Fox is top class but our defence made it easy for them too. I don’t think you can pair Meaney and Warbrick together. It was dreadful.

On the plus side we hung in there and got it done.. missed Tui, massive effort by Josh King to cover minutes. Hughes, Munny and Paps big In the set for the last try.

We must improve but it’s good to show we can hang in and win
Further to my own point above, if Tedesco plays for the Roosters next week and Manu moves to centre there’s no way we can have Meaney mark him
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Doesn't Manu play on the other side?
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yeah Manu is on the other side. Not sure on the Roosters health but the other centre has usually been Suaalii this season so that isn't any easier matchup.

The club will likely persist with it since they've just extended him but Meaney hasn't exactly had the best start in the centres. I think in an ideal world we should have him on the wing. Which I think has always been the best position for him.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Paps fined for the hip drop tackle $750.00.

Storm teammates Reimis Smith (Careless High Tackle) and Alec MacDonald (Dangerous Contact) are also facing fines.

Bulldog Sam Hughes has been charged with Grade1 Dangerous Contact and is facing an $1800 fine as this is his second offence.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Only a fine for Samuel Hughes is a joke, it was outright thuggery.

On another note, Keary only got a fine for pulling the ref back on Thursday night... No reason to be anywhere near him, jahrome Hughes could at least argue he was taking action to move the ref out of the contact zone 🤦🏻‍♂️🙄🤬
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

NAS has been withdrawn from North Sydney Bears team. I would assume that means he will play next week and we play Thursday night.