Round 5 vs Broncos

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Not worried about the NAS situation now. It will work itself out. He won’t be going anywhere and hopefully he has learned a valuable lesson - which will no doubt be picked up on by everyone else in the squad.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Not worth stressing about. A couple of points worth considering.
1. NAS is a big boy. If he has leg problems the situation can quickly go south especially with the bigger guys. Until Craig is confident in his fitness let him keep working on it.
2. I don't believe NAS is the sort of guy to chuck a teary and take his bat and ball and go home. He might have been a bit disgruntled at being told off, but I'm sure he will buckle down and get to where he needs to be. He worked his ass off to make the Storm team in the first place, he's not likely to want to run away when the going gets difficult.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Everyone just assumed his chucked a tanty

He literally has done everything (that can be seen from the outside) playing cup and playing a second cup game to get right …if he needs a third then so be it …
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

1 - 17 plus Howarth and Pezet in 19 man squad.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Interesting. It's probably been 10 years since we've gone with 3 props on the bench. So that to me indicates a Jack Howarth debut (yes I know he has already played but this would be a legitimate 'debut', not one where everyone gets rested)
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

sallymay wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:12 pm He literally has done everything (that can be seen from the outside) playing cup and playing a second cup game to get right …if he needs a third then so be it …
On this point, why doesn't Munster come back through the ressies? Or have I missed something???
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Papenhuyzen23 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:00 pm To be fair to NAS he was injured and his story on IG he was working overtime in the ring doing some sparring and cardio, hopefully a sign he has taken this seriously and he will earn his place back in the side, a fit and firing NAS is always going to be a great weapon for us, hope to see him back soon.
To be fair, boxing fitness and RL fitness are two different things.
I'm sure the club are very well across it and I reckon it's a large reason why the clubs only allow participation in the donkey circuit off season.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bullucked wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:53 am
sallymay wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:12 pm He literally has done everything (that can be seen from the outside) playing cup and playing a second cup game to get right …if he needs a third then so be it …
On this point, why doesn't Munster come back through the ressies? Or have I missed something???
We will never know will we

Craig private conversation with Nelson about what he had to get right before he makes first grade will stay that …private
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bullucked wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:53 amOn this point, why doesn't Munster come back through the ressies? Or have I missed something???
Munster doesn't need to because he's fit and had a good preseason while NAS was underdone and already in the bad books to end last season and needed to earn his spot back.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just quietly maybe NAS hurting Paps in our last game of the year actually affected NAS more than we know …
The Black Dot
Squall
Squall

Melbourne Storm have confirmed their final line-up ahead of their Round 5 clash against the Broncos at AAMI Park.

For the first time since Round 27, young gun Jack Howarth will join the Storm squad, making his impact felt from the interchange bench.

Tepai Moeroa rounds out the team as 18th man, while Jonah Pezet drops away.
Stormhunter
Squall
Squall

sallymay wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:27 am Just quietly maybe NAS hurting Paps in our last game of the year actually affected NAS more than we know …
This makes more sense than all the other crap going around given the way he's always conducted himself.
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Where are all you Will Warbrick defenders now? My god he isn’t even reserve grade level, offers absolutely nothing how many times can a winger be out of position? He is so bad.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

They are picking on Warbrick’s agility a bit here. Elite skills but definitely working over his struggles to stop and turn back.
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Just quietly how good has Katoa/Blore been in the back row tonight? Phenomenal.