RD 3 vs Knights

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bullucked wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:41 pm
The penalty goal, end on, did Warbrick really strip it out, anyone see?
Nah the Knights got totally bailed out on a legitimately dud call. Ref prematurely called held then saw the ball come out. What actually happened was Best was pushing for more metres and totally lost it. Warbrick did nothing wrong. It’s one of those calls home teams get when they’re up on the scoreboard.

On Loiero. Me even one of his biggest critics would never doubt his effort. But he often tries to do too much defensively and that’s where the mistakes and poor discipline creep in. I don’t really have anything good to say about him in attack.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:04 amOn Loiero. Me even one of his biggest critics would never doubt his effort. But he often tries to do too much defensively and that’s where the mistakes and poor discipline creep in.
That’s a fair summary.
blazza18 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:04 amI don’t really have anything good to say about him in attack.
Definitely my biggest issue with his. Last year he offered nothing on the edge and we desperately needed something.

I will say though that at least in the middle, a couple of times, he has poked his nose between defenders or got in behind the ruck and managed to get a quick play the ball. We scored off one last week. More of that, less penalties and we are good.