Queensland Cup/NSW cup

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

New thread cause we are in both comps now

Just found out Tepai Dean Keagan And Sua are playing for the North Sydney Bears

Ducking hell bellza literally said in his presser Sua was playing in Queensland now his ducking Bear

He better not be in cup for long cause I as much as I like the bears I hate this so much rn
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

That is good news re: Tepai. I was wondering what was going on with him, given he wasn't named in Queensland Cup either.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Spoke to Todd Lowrie last night he is still in charge of the reserve players

I asked why they moved Sua to Norths he they said they wanted to challenge him and didn’t want him in reserves long
He said they felt nsw cup was a bigger comp they wanted him to play vs other players who train full time
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Shawn Blore apparently playing nsw cup

lol the bears are gonna end up having the same problem the tigers and falcons had trying to accommodate their own players as well as ours
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

North Sydney Bears 28 (Tries: Jake Toby 3, Ben Talty, Riley Meyn, Dean Ieremia Goals: Keagan Russell-Smith 2) defeated St George Illawarra Dragons 4.

Sua Fa'alogo, Dean Ieremia, Keagan Russell-Smith, Shawn Blore and Tepai Moeroa all played for the Bears. (Apologies if I missed any other Jersey Flegg players that played).
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Scooter wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:03 pm North Sydney Bears 28 (Tries: Jake Toby 3, Ben Talty, Riley Meyn, Dean Ieremia Goals: Keagan Russell-Smith 2) defeated St George Illawarra Dragons 4.

Sua Fa'alogo, Dean Ieremia, Keagan Russell-Smith, Shawn Blore and Tepai Moeroa all played for the Bears. (Apologies if I missed any other Jersey Flegg players that played).
Nuh only 5 played …awesome game by the bears
Better second half
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It’s Brisbane tigers v Sunshine Coast falcons

Tigers Coby Williamson Tristan Powell Kane Bradley are playing

Falcons Young Tonamapia Aaron Pene Jack Howarth Lazarus Vaalepu are playing
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Brisbane Tigers 2024 gains and losses

Gains

Blake Anders (Wynnum Manly Seagulls), Jontay Betham-Misa (Parramatta Eels), Hsed Faaee (Coolum Colts), Ricco Falaniko (Ipswich Jets), Nathan Kegg-King (Wyong Roos), Kitron Laka (Wynnum Manly Seagulls), Brenko Lee (Dolphins NRL), Chris McQueen (Huddersfield Giants), Noah Natapu (Melbourne Storm Jersey Flegg), Jared Nauma (Melbourne Storm Jersey Flegg), Moses Noovao-McGreal (Norths Devils), Asher O'Donnell (Mackay Cutters), Ronald Philitoga (Bulimba Bulldogs), Treigh Stewart (St George Illawarra Dragons)

Losses

Luke Bain (Wakefield Trinity), Solomona Faataape (Wests Tigers), Baptiste Fabre (Carina Tigers), Nat McGavin (Northern Pride), Charlie Murray (Burleigh Bears), Brayden Torpy (Carina Tigers), Cameron Torpy (Carina Tigers), Bacho Salam (Northern Pride), Dredin Sorensen (Carina Tigers), Corey Thompson (retired)
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Looks like Seve, Garlick and Anderson didn't play anywhere. They aren't very good at keeping us up to date with injured players.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

They said Seve stayed back in Melbourne cause his wife is due to give birth today or tomorrow to their second baby storm thought it would be better for him to stay with her rather then leave and her have the baby by herself

Grant Anderson had a shoulder injury due back next week

Bronson I have no idea about
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

https://x.com/nswcup/status/1769251480337518729?s=61

North Sydney bears highlights

Sua 3 try’s in 1 half was then taken off at the 70th minute
Dean scored 2 try’s

Keagan and Shawn played well too
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Fascinated to see Bellamy react to Sua doing that in first grade.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Northern Pride 38 defeated Brisbane Tigers 12 (Tries: Coby Williamson, Chris McQueen Goals: Tristan Hope 2)
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mackay Cutters 30 defeated Sunshine Coast Falcons 10 (Tries: Flynn Camilleri 2, Goal:.Cody Hunter)
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Both teams played terrible…it got embarrassing