Queensland Cup/NSW cup

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

AJ played for the Bulls in the Ron Massey Cup today. He scored two early tries and, as far as I can make out from the NSWRL website, played the full 80, which is great.

Neither Chris Lewis nor Aaron Pene played anywhere this weekend as far as I can see. Aaron came off early last week so I assume is injured, but Chris played right to the end last week so not sure about him.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

North Sydney Bears 20 (Tries: Allan Fitzgibbon 2, Ben Talty Goals: Kieran Hayman 4) defeated Canberra Raiders 12

Dean Ieremia, Tyran Wishart and Bronson Garlick played for the Bears.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Brisbane Tigers 12 (Tries: Max Lehmann, Ronald Philitoga Goals: Jonah Pezet 2) drew with Central Queensland Capras 12

Kane Bradley, Marion Seve, Jonah Pezet and Tristan Powell played for the Tigers.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

RobbieRoss wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:24 pm AJ played for the Bulls in the Ron Massey Cup today. He scored two early tries and, as far as I can make out from the NSWRL website, played the full 80, which is great.

Neither Chris Lewis nor Aaron Pene played anywhere this weekend as far as I can see. Aaron came off early last week so I assume is injured, but Chris played right to the end last week so not sure about him.
Might have just held him back as cover for fg since we play Thursday.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Marion Seve only played 40 minutes today

One of my bris tigers friends asked him after the game if he was injured he said he was told Storm wanted him to only play 40 due to an injury he might get called up to first grade
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Only going by the stats, but Tristan Powell looked to have had an incredible game. 98 fantasy points, played 80 minutes - not bad for a prop, 206m, 72 post contact, 8 tackle breaks, 48 tackles and only missed 2.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

From what I've seen, he's a lot like Aiden Tolman
ALX22
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Would be another late bloomer. Definitely should be persisted with if some other forwards are moved on.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lucas wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:49 pm Only going by the stats, but Tristan Powell looked to have had an incredible game. 98 fantasy points, played 80 minutes - not bad for a prop, 206m, 72 post contact, 8 tackle breaks, 48 tackles and only missed 2.
Was massive especially since he had to do twice as much since Bennett Leslie was ruled out in the first tackle in the first minute due to HIA
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Tristan has been named player of the week on the QRL website. His stats were staggering- glad he has recognised by being named as a Storm reserve this week.

Jack Howarth named on the bench in the QRL team of the week. He seems to be finding some consistent good form.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Seve is due to play his 100th Queensland cup game tomorrow
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Western Suburbs Magpies v North Sydney Bears is on Fox League at 3pm.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Will be interesting to see if any of our players pull out … possibly Grant Anderson or Jack howarth
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I wouldn't mind trying Howarth in the centres and Smith or Meaney on the wing if Coates is out
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sua Fa'alogo has been named on the wing for the Bears today. Dean Ieremia is named on the other wing. (Two Victorians)

Bronson Garlick also named. AJ Gudgeon on bench (possibly 18th man).