Round 1 vs Panthers @ AAMI Park

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:00 pm Unrelated to our centres…

One other thing that stood out to me in the replay - McDonald finds his front better than any of our forwards. Almost always. Even when two and three defenders are on him. He will be great for us this year.
Hey yourhero…..thanks for taking the time to analyse and post all of those specific game situations of Nick and Reimis in comparison to May and Tago. It was a good read. 👏👏
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If anyone really wants to see how much can happen off the back of MacDonald, go back and watch the Parramatta game at home last year. 3 tries came within 1 or 2 tackles of him finding his front and playing the ball fast. He's just amazing.
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I think something which has also been understated in this performance was the post contact metres.

Didn’t do too well in that category last year but to have 646 metres (which was the most over the weekend) and considering the strength of opposition with all that defence which had to be done - that’s pretty outstanding.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Agree, Tui and King both stuck out to me there
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Harry - 4 dally m points, Paps - 3 dally m points and X - 2 dally m points. Bit surprised with that tbh but not going to complain.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

riders of the storm wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:59 am I think something which has also been understated in this performance was the post contact metres.

Didn’t do too well in that category last year but to have 646 metres (which was the most over the weekend) and considering the strength of opposition with all that defence which had to be done - that’s pretty outstanding.
This is an incredible stat, most pleasing.
What still annoys me greatly, and that we're still doing it, is fella's being left behind the play the ball and not attempting to get back on side.

Something that is really worth practising is a 4th tackle kick in behind the line to the wingers. I don't know of Hughes or Pezet have it but they dead set need it. Opposition wingers are up every time knowing we don't do it, a kick through puts them in two minds and opens up our attacking options.

Superb all round effort on Friday night and the voice has finally come back!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:57 am Harry - 4 dally m points, Paps - 3 dally m points and X - 2 dally m points. Bit surprised with that tbh but not going to complain.
How did Turuva get a vote though? Guy was just about worst on ground...