Trials 2024

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

We have been defending all game, we have had 2 chances with the ball in the Bulldogs half all game and have managed to score both times, 12-10 is actually a very impressive effort by the guys we could easily be down 10+ with the lack of possession and field position.

Bellamy blowing a gasket in the sheds on FOX, doesn’t look happy, I’d imagine it’s the lack of energy & discipline he is concerned with.
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

41st minute - Second half underway, Papenhuyzen is on the bench, his work looks over for the night, exactly what he and all us fans needed, great to see him back and having fun.
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

47th minute - The penalties are just ridiculous, we can’t seem to get a grasp on discipline, 4 to open the half and Bellamy will be raging.
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

48th minute - Thomas Rafter scoops up a loose ball and runs 50, good counter by the boys after being under pressure again.
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

49th minute - we have an attacking scrum on half way. I sound like a broken record but I’m loving Lazarus, he looks the goods and might be a bolter for round 1.
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

52nd minute - We go close but get bundled into touch, a lot of the reserves on now, I’ll admit there are some I’ve never even heard of.
Last edited by Papenhuyzen23 on Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

54th minute - Nice try to the Bulldogs, Skelton touches down out wide after some nice work by Sexton to strip the Storm for numbers.

Conversion no good

Bulldogs lead 14-12
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

58th minute - we are looking a little scrappy, a lot of young guys out there now and we are lacking any real cohesion, Bulldogs are up and in our face and look the more likely and are outenthusing us.
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

60th minute - Faatili has been the pick of the unknowns for me, very strong off the bench has been working his socks off and has made a lot of tough carries, looks a good prospect too.

Stanley Huen looks a likely type too in the halves.
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

64th minute - game getting scrappy now, we earn a 20 metre restart after a good set by the Bulldogs but we make an error straight away and are back under the pump. Bellamy really disappointed in the coaches box.
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

66th minute - Try to Xerri for the Bulldogs

Coby Williamson made a great try saver on one side, but a big shift and Sexton and O’Neill skin us again and Xerri goes over untouched

Conversion is good, 20-12
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

72nd minute - Young guys look spent, although another putrid read from Reimis is the reason here, Bulldogs strip us down the left yet again and go in untouched. The Bulldogs reserves looking much sharper than ours.

Bulldogs take a 24-12 lead
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Where’s Seve …
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Full-time

Bulldogs 24
Storm 12

Thought we looked rusty, hard to gauge with so many first graders out, Paps return was perfect, got some miles in the legs and scored a ripper try. I liked Ieremia he looks strong and keen, the centres were poor again, a few decent plays but neither Seve or Smith convinced me they deserve a spot in round 1.

Pezet looks a likely type but is still green and needs some more time in reserves to hone his game, the pack was thoroughly outplayed, I liked Wishart at 9, and as previously mentioned Lazarus and Faatili looked great off the pine. A few of the kids showed flashes but we were dominated for large parts of the game and it was hard to see any real skills on show on a tough night.

Bellamy will be furious with the handling and discipline but happy with the grit. We essentially had our entire top 17 on the side line so this isn’t a gauge for the season proper, typical pre season hit out.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

In the 20 (actually it’s 18) years I’ve followed the storm I don’t think we have ever won a pre season game

I’m happy with the game and how it went

Only thing I’m worried about was where the hell did Maz go