Harry Grant named as Storm captain

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Harry Grant named as captain. Congratulations Harry.

https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/ ... ain-storm/
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Excellent choice, as much as I love Welchy he isn’t a natural leader and his slide in form last season certainly didn’t help his case, I think a captain should be on the field for most of the game too, congratulations Harry I think he will take this honour and run with it and we will see him go to another level again in 2024 ⚡️⚡️⚡️
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If we're to kick on as a club we were going to need our star spine players to both step up as players and leaders. Think this is the right choice if we're hoping this helps Harry develop into a better player.

Don't really see the need of an extended leadership group tbh but it's nothing to sook over. Welch not being apart of it at all is interesting.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Welch not being part of it at all says potentially two things to me:

1 - He thinks he plays better without it

2 - He thinks not having that burden will help him get back into origin

I would think those are reasonable goals for him to have so I wonder if either is correct
Stormhunter
Squall
Squall

Harry can start negotiating with other clubs come November so this will help the cause. The right time and choice though regardless.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Stormhunter wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:44 pm Harry can start negotiating with other clubs come November so this will help the cause. The right time and choice though regardless.
As if they're not in talks already!