2024 Season

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

The Broncos draw. What is the love affair with this club.

Only ONE five-day turnaround (against the Storm);

• FOUR games with a six-day turnaround;

• EIGHTEEN games with more than a seven-day turnaround (only the Rabbitohs have more with 19);

• TWELVE primetime Thursday/Friday night kickoffs (four on Thursday and eight on Friday), the Storm are next with 10;

• FOURTEEN games at Suncorp Stadium and 16 all up in Queensland; and

• Astonishingly, the Broncos also don’t leave Queensland for their final seven rounds of the season.
The Black Dot
Squall
Squall

Sorry if this has been posted before about papi allegedly going back to the US in December

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/i-was ... 06373306e2
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/ ... -underway/

The following players from Tigers Bears and Falcons will be doing pre season training
Tristan Hope (Easts Tigers)
Thomas Rafter (Easts Tigers)
Treigh Stewart (Easts Tigers) (new to the tigers)
Jack Campagnolo (Sunshine Coast Falcons) (new to the falcons)
Caius Faatili (Sunshine Coast Falcons) (new to the falcons)
Nofoasa Malutoa (Sunshine Coast Falcons)
Regan Hughes (North Sydney Bears)
Jesse Marschke (North Sydney Bears) (new to the bears)

Happy for Tom and Tristan after playing massive games in the grand final
Can’t wait to see how Jack goes for the falcons and

Not sure about having Jesse at the club after reading up on him and his court appearances but if Frank and bellza wanna see him then I guess we gotta just see what happens
ALX22
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

sallymay wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:53 pm https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/ ... -underway/

The following players from Tigers Bears and Falcons will be doing pre season training

Not sure about having Jesse at the club after reading up on him and his court appearances but if Frank and bellza wanna see him then I guess we gotta just see what happens
Seems to be fitting in well. According to the Bears Jesse was named as 'trainer of the week'.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

ALX22 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:07 pm
sallymay wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:53 pm https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/ ... -underway/

Seems to be fitting in well. According to the Bears Jesse was named as 'trainer of the week'.
I saw that …maybe second chances are a good thing ..makes them work harder
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Went to the open training in Officer today. It was long (3 hours) and they worked hard. I noticed a few things. A lot of the top grade are not doing contact work yet, obviously because of post operations they are in rehab mode. Paps do the whole trainging session with the rehab group. When the fit players were doing match practice work 13 on 13. The side Bellamy was working with Sua was at fullback, so you would think he is somewhere in the top 17. The thing I noticed the most and first was very are very small. Jason Ryles was the biggest man there and he is the coach. Althought NAS and Tui were not there, so there is a liitle bit of size to come back. But it is a worry.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

glennb wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 2:20 pm It was long (3 hours) and they worked hard. I noticed a few things. A lot of the top grade are not doing contact work yet, obviously because of post operations they are in rehab mode. Paps do the whole trainging session with the rehab group. When the fit players were doing match practice work 13 on 13. The side Bellamy was working with Sua was at fullback, so you would think he is somewhere in the top 17.
Yep noticed the exact same thing on Tuesday
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hopefully Sua is thereabouts and gets a good run in the side this year.

The prop situation is concerning. I do think however, that MacDonald is the future of our front row and needs a spot in the side for the full year and he's not the biggest, he is a real goer though.
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

1. PAPENHUYZEN - FA’ALOGO
2. COATES - ANDERSON
3. SMITH - OLAM
4. MEANEY - SEVE
5. WARBRICK - TONUMAIPEA
6. MUNSTER - PEZET
7. HUGHES - WISHART
8. ASOFA-SOLOMONA - PENE
9. GRANT - GARLICK
10. WELCH - KAMIKAMIKA
11. KATOA - LOIERO
12. HOWARTH - CHAN
13. KING - MACDONALD

14. GEYER - LEWIS
15. VAALEPU - POWELL
16. MOEROA - GUDGEON
17. BRADLEY - IEREMIA

We have plenty of depth, and size honestly, we just need a few guys to really take it to the next level if we want to make any noise this season, there are a few guys here who had down 2023 years and need a big bounce back, but there is definitely a competitive 17 in there somewhere
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Interesting to note Storm didn’t do the IDQ camp before Christmas like they normally do …not sure if this is a good or bad thing or not was told they might do it first thing back from break but who knows …maybe they finally ran out of players to do it cause they don’t have new players 🤷‍♀️
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

According to Fox Sports, our strength and conditioning department has said the fittest player at the club is Wishart, fastest is Coates and strongest is Warbrick
big_m
Squall
Squall

Just listened to the bloke in a bar season preview. They thought Loiero may end up as the 13 this season with king going into the middles rotation.
Stormhunter
Squall
Squall

big_m wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:27 am Just listened to the bloke in a bar season preview. They thought Loiero may end up as the 13 this season with king going into the middles rotation.
Hinchy said on RSN a couple days ago there would be a reshuffle in the pack.
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

During the 2024 photoshoot I noticed Katoa, Blore and Loiero did a few photos together, could be the new back row, wouldn’t surprise me at all I can see King being shifted back to the front row and Loiero whilst awful on an edge might be an ok middle, I’ve also heard that Howarth has been running drills in the centres so that might be one to watch too, could be slowly seeing the make up of the team for round 1.

I’m so ready for some footy I’m sick of talking and theorising I want some action!!
big_m
Squall
Squall

Dont like the look of the draw. Both byes before the halfway point in the season then in the last 5 rounds we have rabbitohs, panthers, cowboys and broncos all away from home.