Brett Ralph

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Stormhunter
Squall
Squall

Regardless of where you stand on the referendum this is really poor form.

If you feel that way, great, you're one of the 60% majority. Vote and celebrate the win with like minded people.

To donate $75 000 puts you at the very pointy end of that vote, rubbing shoulders with some people who definitely don't own an Indigenous round jersey.

Doing that whilst holding a significant position at an organisation that prides itself on it's indigenous relations and has taken an official 'yes' stance shows a really significant lack of judgement. At best.

I can't even imagine how he's going to justify this.

[https://www.zerotackle.com/rapper-brigg ... on-164066/][/url]
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Stormhunter wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 8:21 pm Regardless of where you stand on the referendum this is really poor form.

If you feel that way, great, you're one of the 60% majority. Vote and celebrate the win with like minded people.

To donate $75 000 puts you at the very pointy end of that vote, rubbing shoulders with some people who definitely don't own an Indigenous round jersey.

Doing that whilst holding a significant position at an organisation that prides itself on it's indigenous relations and has taken an official 'yes' stance shows a really significant lack of judgement. At best.

I can't even imagine how he's going to justify this.

[https://www.zerotackle.com/rapper-brigg ... on-164066/][/url]
The MSRLFC needs to make an incredibly strong public statement about this in a real hurry….or it’s going to suffer some horrendous fall out.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I don’t like it but I’m not gonna stop following cause one person has a different opinion ..
Ray Traylor
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I cant imagine how it makes any difference what some guy does with his money or which way he voted...the club seems to agree with that, with the response basically being that he had never used the Storm to promote his opinions and they don't tell anyone how to think or feel about their personal views - which to me seems like the correct response, being that it's hardly newsworthy and realistically it's the correct outlook on the situation in general. It's also rather tone deaf to make a connection between donating money to a no campaign and actual bigotry (I doubt he's goose stepping up and down his hallway with a red armband on) and it's equally tone deaf to believe that a yes vote makes you by default a good person doing the right thing.

Regardless of anything else, I certainly don't see how or why he should justify where he spends his money or how he chose to vote, and beyond that it's definitely not worse than every sporting organisation, star or celebrity that literally told the country how they should be voting...especially if they accepted money to do so.
sheet_ed
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Frankly I would be more upset if he was a "stop the oil" protester.
ALX22
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

His opinion on if he believes a genocide against Indigenous Australians occurred would be appropriate.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Australia overwhelmingly shut down the voice idea so I would say most have no problem with his support. Snowflakes shouldn't worry too much about where board members put their money. Hell our owner makes millions from desperate gamblers.