Preliminary Final vs Panthers @ Accor Stadium

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Agree Mattpoet, looks like Tarzan plays like Jane, another who barely had any impact last night, besides King and Katoa the rest of the pack should be embarrassed.
big_m
Squall
Squall

I just dont know where some good middles are going to come from for next season. We need a huge upgrade. We know the spine is good if they are operating behind a good pack.

I think we currently have a huge issue with roster management. Howarth has been paid $1m over last 2 seasons to play in qcup. Bellamy doesnt manage the roster - he just picks the best side he can from the available pool.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

big_m wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 6:44 pm Bellamy - he just picks the best side he can from the available pool.
Does he?
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I thinks the coach picks the team he feels comfortable with and no longer tries anything new. When he did try something different against the broncos we played with effort and pride, something we don’t do anymore.

Munster said after last night game we need to lean be better in defence and learn to tackle. Talk about pot and kettle situation.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Not sure how much blame Bellamy deserves but it’s annoying to know Trent Loiero played the most minutes for us this season, multiple different forwards couldn’t find their way into the team despite plenty off issues and for whatever reason we couldn’t find a role for a player like Sua despite the need of some injection of speed and brilliance.

Our playing style hardly changed from round one to the prelim either. We were an inconsistent and boring team to watch.
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We got reff'd. My view won't change.
big_m
Squall
Squall

There have definately been some less than ideal selections this year but within our roster there is no team of 13 that beats the broncos or panthers in a big game. In fact id say there is no other coach in the comp that could take our current squad to a prelim final so you could say craig has overachieved this year getting this group to the game before the grand final.

Until we have better middles at the club we dont do any better. No spine or back line can play well with your front rowers getting 50m a game.
The Black Dot
Squall
Squall

On a just slightly different topic, the Melbourne Storm fans facebook site have a somewhat differnet slant on the Panthers fiasco . My favourite WTF moment was a post claiming that dropping Olam would be a racist act!
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

big_m wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:39 pm In fact id say there is no other coach in the comp that could take our current squad to a prelim final so you could say craig has overachieved this year getting this group to the game before the grand final.
Until we have better middles at the club we dont do any better. No spine or back line can play well with your front rowers getting 50m a game.
But surely the head coach has a large say in the make up of the squad?
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

big_m wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:39 pmthere is no team of 13 that beats the broncos or panthers in a big game
Me thinks Craig needs to take the team back to defensive school. If we can't bash the ball up or move it around with flair then we can always defend. Defend well and complete our sets, something that used to almost be the mantra but has well and truly moved away from. For some of our fellas De fence runs around the outside of de ground.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

KimmorleyKiller wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:41 pm We got reff'd. My view won't change.
The reffing wasn't good and favoured Penrith significantly. But that wasn't even close to the problem.

Honestly, we could have been wearing maroon and had "Grasshopper" Gomersall as ref and we still wouldn't have won.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately