Preliminary Final vs Panthers @ Accor Stadium

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Black Dot wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:56 pm Amazing amount of publicity calling our pack "Soft" or "Pop Gun" and weak. You would have to expect some sort of response from this or careers are over
To be honest, the criticism is reasonable. Our forwards, as a whole, have been pretty average.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

SunshineCoastStormer wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 5:27 am I don’t understand the love for Morera on here?

The Broncos game he played well in was their reserves. Joe Chan actually looked better.
Joe was good, but no chance he was better than Moeroa in that game.
SunshineCoastStormer wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 5:27 am We should also have Faalongo at 14.
This I agree with 100%.
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

A lot of media saying its do or die for Melbourne, not sure if they are aware but it’s do or die for Penrith as well, no team gets another chance until next year when they lose. Penrith will not be unprepared!!
Storm_M_36
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Win or lose, as long as we don't get absolutely belted like we did against the Broncos, I'll be happy. Considering the number of top players, we lost to the Dolphins and the injuries we've had during the year. I doubt any other club would have made the top 4 in our position. Next year Paps should have had a full pre-season and be ready to go. If we don't make the GF, then I want either the Broncos or the Warriors to win!
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Munster has said storm won't repeat the mistake of the 2018 grand final where we spent to much time trying to target an unfit player, he acknowledged that doing so put us off our game.
Hopefully they're not hollow words
Storm_M_36
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

On another note did anybody else hear that the Broncos only traveled to Sydney 3 times in 2023? Talk about the NRL giving them another leg up lol
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

We have one of the best 5/8s and halfback in the game, we have a solid forward pack, we have a rockstar for a coach and is one of the best in the world, we have never been beaten by penrith (we just ran out of time thats all) we will get right inside 80 tonight!!!
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

mattystorm1987 wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 2:55 pm We have one of the best 5/8s and halfback in the game, we have a solid forward pack, we have a rockstar for a coach and is one of the best in the world, we have never been beaten by penrith (we just ran out of time thats all) we will get right inside 80 tonight!!!
I like your way of thinking.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Storm_M_36 wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 2:20 pm On another note did anybody else hear that the Broncos only traveled to Sydney 3 times in 2023? Talk about the NRL giving them another leg up lol
Not only did the Broncos not travel a lot. They also played away games at Suncorp, against the Dolphins and magic round. The rabbits took their home game and played the Broncos on the Sunshine Coast and the Eels took theirs to Darwin. They got to play away games against the Cowboys and Titans in Queensland, I know not really the NRL's fault that one. But they have hardly done any travel this year. Also, one of those trips to Sydney was in round one. They wanted Brisbane to be on top again. It is good for ratings and good for the game. The NRL would have wanted an all NSW grand final, but if you can't have that get the Broncos in the grand final.

I would love a Storm V Warriors grand final. The Sydney media would hate it. We can but dream.
big_m
Squall
Squall

Broncos probably played at yhe same time on a friday night most weeks as well. Did they not also have their bye in the last round?

Got a good feeling about today. The boys in the middle have taken plenty of stick and hopefully they come out to prove people wrong.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Final Team:
Bronson Garlick and Nelson Asofa-Solomona join the starting line-up, with Harry Grant and Christian Welch to make their impact from the interchange bench. Grant Anderson drops away, while Tyran Wishart slots in as 18th man.

1. Nick Meaney
2. Will Warbrick
3. Marion Seve
4. Justin Olam
5. Reimis Smith
6. Cameron Munster
7. Jahrome Hughes
8. Tui Kamikamica
19. Bronson Garlick
16. Nelson Asofa-Solomona
11. Trent Loiero
12. Eliesa Katoa
13. Josh King

INTERCHANGE
9. Harry Grant
10. Christian Welch
15. Tom Eisenhuth
17. Tariq Sims

RESERVE
14. Tyran Wishart
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

big_m wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 6:09 pm Broncos probably played at yhe same time on a friday night most weeks as well. Did they not also have their bye in the last round?

Got a good feeling about today. The boys in the middle have taken plenty of stick and hopefully they come out to prove people wrong.
They played us in the last round...
big_m
Squall
Squall

Just checked and it was round 25 - still a good time to be off just before finals.

I like the starting side we've picked with big nelson starting
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Anyone see the footage of Luai tackling at training to prove his fitness? Hardly convincing…
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

yourhero wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 7:26 pm Anyone see the footage of Luai tackling at training to prove his fitness? Hardly convincing…
If they're stupid enough to play him busted, then you can only hope it bites them in the ass.