Preliminary Final vs Panthers @ Accor Stadium

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
big_m
Squall
Squall

I love it that the boys are fired up. We have nothing to lose - everyone thinks we will get beaten. Might as well rip in and see what happens. Would love to see tepai let loose in the middle.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

stormysunshine wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:18 pm SallyMay did you get to training? What the 17 look like?
I did but also had a photo I took stolen by the rugby league roast and used against me by panthers fans who reckon I’ve given the team away so I’m not posting anything about our team
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tepai was in a Panthers jersey in the opposed session. So not looking good from that perspective which f*cking sucks as we desperately need his strong runs against the Panthers :(
stormysunshine
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

sallymay wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:59 pm
stormysunshine wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:18 pm SallyMay did you get to training? What the 17 look like?
I did but also had a photo I took stolen by the rugby league roast and used against me by panthers fans who reckon I’ve given the team away so I’m not posting anything about our team
Pretty sure The Roast is a Souths fan I follow
Him on FB. Sorry to hear you’ve been heckled about this.
stormysunshine
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Did anyone else get to training? Any changes you think?

Will tomorrows be an open session I have day off I might head down?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I know they are leaving in the arvo so capt run would be about 930/10am unless the suddenly change all their times
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Once again, this poor bloke, Tepai has done no wrong by the team. On the contrary, his runs have been just what we’re missing. Dropped for no good reason and once again overlooked while a plank like King keeps fumbling away and basically doing not a lot, yet the number 13 is permanently tattooed on his back.

If I was Moeroa, I be asking for a release.
I really feel for the bloke.
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

(Clearly, they play in different positions, but to pick an average Eisenhuth over him after his last game beggars belief)
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We can't be in such shambles that we're losing it over Tepai Moeroa not playing. Sorry I will not allow it.

(Whispers you could probably make a case for him over the two starting middles at least)
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

When we come in such heavy underdogs (and rightfully so), we can’t afford poor selections adding to our woes. The two times we have met them this year, our pack has been utterly destroyed.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Round 18 this year;

Sims - 29 Metres
Grant - 63 Metres
Welch - 75 Metres
Loiero - 88 Metres
NAS - 73 Metres
King - 93 Metres

Garlick - 18 Metres
Tui - 71 Metres
Wishart - 40 Metres
Eisenhuth - 64 Metres

Yes, we were on the backdoor most of the game and had a bigger defensive load, but that was only because the Panthers dominated us.
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Anyone else had a full 180 on confidence for this one and now believe we can pull it off? I’m not sure why or how I know on paper it looks almost impossible but I think we can do it ⚡️⚡️⚡️

The way we took it to them for the first half an hour @ Marvel is the blueprint we need to follow, we just need to maintain that level all game and we can well & truly rattle them, they have been beaten well by a lot of teams this season, even the Tigers knocked them off, they aren’t unbeatable, we can do this 💪
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just confirmed luai and tago are in
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Whilst we definitely should test Luai’s shoulder, we shouldn’t get tunnel vision and focus on that solely. Otherwise it will be the Cronk/Roosters GF all over again.
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

yourhero wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:22 am Whilst we definitely should test Luai’s shoulder, we shouldn’t get tunnel vision and focus on that solely. Otherwise it will be the Cronk/Roosters GF all over again.
This times 1000!
If he tries to hide, let him, it might open up holes. If we try and chase him just to see if we can 'test' that shoulder out it'll end in tears for us.

I'll say this, panthers are obviously a little concerned if they're risking both those guys.

I don't care if we win or lose, so long as the boys play with everything they've got.