1st Semi Final vs Roosters @ AAMI Park

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I’m surprised to see CB stick solid, it just comes across as stubborn, he definitely has his favourites and is loathe to change it up much, after last week there needed to be mass changes and he has done the bare minimum only due to injuries, how someone like Loiero is still running out for us is laughable, if we lose there will be plenty of questions asked about the selections.

I’d lean on the unknowns instead of thinking things that’s have been issues all year will be magically fixed this week. Throw in Sua at full-back, bring in Moeroa and Garlick for Welch and Loiero and hope the training, skills and hype all hold up, I’d rather go down swinging than surrendering tamely with the same tactics by the usual suspects, last week the writing was well & truly on the wall.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Bullucked wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:27 pm What needs to happen is a thorough understanding of the rules and implications
Yes, but we can't influence the refs :(
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

No Sua
No Tepai
No Garlick/Grant rotation
No NAS to SR
Sticking with Meaney

Second week in a row that we lose a finals game at the selection table?
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

TC wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 5:49 pm
Bullucked wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:27 pm What needs to happen is a thorough understanding of the rules and implications
Yes, but we can't influence the refs :(
OK, I hear ya, but.

Get the ball on the defending goal line and dive to the ground (they're never gunna call an involuntary tackle as much as it infuriates me). When the opposition do the same do not touch the said player, stand back and wait, ref will either have no choice or player will need to move forward, pick em up and dump them back in goal.

Ball landing close to the attacking goal line, go up with hands above the head. Knock on better than defender jumping from in goal and getting 7 tackle 20 metre restart.

Kicked ahead and defending player obtains the ball, no-one behind him, all teammates are behind you, maybe further back than 10M, doesn't matter, as soon as tackled get off the player and let him stand to play, nobody at dummy half.

Simple things, but then Rugby League is a simple game...

Do they even review the previous week's game?
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

yourhero wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:39 pm No Sua
No Tepai
No Garlick/Grant rotation
No NAS to SR
Sticking with Meaney

Second week in a row that we lose a finals game at the selection table?
CB clearly has his favourites....
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I Donno any of you went to the training session today

Being their main training session you would think all the main players would be there …they wernt and other players were filling in for them

Up till the session started I was thinking we might win now my thinking it might not be that easy

Hmmmmm sighhh
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Another massively depressing team selection.

Can’t be arsed saying much more.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Late Mail: The Storm face a massive blow with star half Jahrome Hughes reportedly in “extreme doubt” for the clash with the Roosters. The Daily Telegraph reports Storm officials are remaining tight lipped on the injury “but it is understood he is unlikely to play against the Roosters”.

Tyran Wishart would likely slot into the halves in his absence because we did not pick a backup half in the squad. Why was Pezet not named.
P
Did anyone go to the captains run or seen photos of it.
Last edited by glennb on Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:18 pm I Donno any of you went to the training session today

Being their main training session you would think all the main players would be there …they wernt and other players were filling in for them

Up till the session started I was thinking we might win now my thinking it might not be that easy

Hmmmmm sighhh
Still trying to tell you all
Jahrome didn’t train

Now the reports are he is in doubt to play
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Sualauvi Faalogo could play full back and Meany in the halves, but CB will not do this.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It's alright we've got big game Munster..
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

blazza18 wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:49 pm It's alright we've got big game Munster..
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But seriously, we don't have big nasty forwards / players, we need to play to our (maybe) mobile (maybe) strengths. Can't make big and nasty with what we have, how do we change things? Personally, I can't see us losing this week, it is next week I'd have more of an eye on.

Blazza, you clearly have more of an idea, what do we do with what we have?
We can potentially move the pill around in attack, ZERO one out running, but how do we blunt the opposition in defence. People will think we can "get up in their faces" in defence but we'll just as easily get pinged for offside. What's the solution?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The updated team list is going to be very interesting
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Depressing, but interesting.
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

No Hughes is worrying, the only time we’ve looked good this year are the games Hughes has grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck and taken control, when he is quiet we have typically been quiet.

I’m not sure Wishart at 7 is the answer he looked good at 9 in patches but has never looked great in the halves, I’d rather shift Meaney there and give Sua a crack or even move Harry to 7 as he already tries to play there anyway and let Garlick/Wishart control the ruck this week.

It’s a massive blow let’s be honest, damn it. 😢