1st Semi Final vs Roosters @ AAMI Park

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

glennb wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:02 pm Does anyone know when tickets go on sale or information. Last week storm was putting out social media information everywhere for an away game. Nothing this week for a home game. I can’t find information anywhere
From Ticketek website:
TICKETED CLUB MEMBERS PRESALE
From Mon 11 Sep 10am

NON-TICKETED CLUB MEMBERS PRESALE
From Mon 11 Sep 1pm

NRL ACCOUNT HOLDERS / WAITLIST PRESALE
From Mon 11 Sep 4pm

On sale to public Tue 12 Sep, 10am

A pre-sale is an opportunity to secure tickets prior to the public, not a preferential seating service. On sale times are quoted in local time. *Or until pre-sale allocation is sold out.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Also from Ticketek website.
SAME SEAT MEMBERS PRESALE

Week 2: Mon 11 Sep 10am – Mon 11 Sep 3pm

1. Enter your relevant passwords (one password per seat) into the password box by copying and pasting each one individually. Each password must be entered on a separate line, so paste one then press enter before entering the next, repeating until all the relevant passwords are entered.

2. Click 'Get Tickets'

3. Select the type of ticket you are purchasing i.e. Adult, Junior etc.

4. You will now see the confirmation page, but this page will not correctly display the seats you are purchasing. It will simply show the seating category, then the row will be listed as 'GA' and the seats will display as random numbers. Rest assured, by entering your passwords you are purchasing your same seats.

5. Select the delivery method and click 'Next'.

6. Enter your payment details and submit.

7. You will be emailed a receipt to confirm your booking.

IMPORTANT: Your tickets will not be delivered straight away. Instead, they will be delivered on Wednesday.

Password/AAN: XXXX

Ticket limit: 1 per password
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Insomniac wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:07 pm Exactly - Welch is captain FFS... as if CB will drop him.

If a player was so hopelessly out of form and they just so happened to be a captain does this mean they are untouchable?
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Bullucked wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:55 pm
Insomniac wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:07 pm Exactly - Welch is captain FFS... as if CB will drop him.

If a player was so hopelessly out of form and they just so happened to be a captain or a marquee player does this mean they are untouchable?
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

If a player was so hopelessly out of form and they just so happened to be a captain does this mean they are untouchable?
Agree, it’s this ridiculous attitude in a results based sport that can and probably will be the difference between winning and being also-rans.

Favourites, untouchables, whatever you want to call it is not a good system to implement, our club should always be performance based and underperforming players should always be at risk of a spell in reserves if they aren’t up to scratch.
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Papenhuyzen23 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 11:14 pm

Agree, it’s this ridiculous attitude in a results based sport that can and probably will be the difference between winning and being also-rans.

Favourites, untouchables, whatever you want to call it is not a good system to implement, our club should always be performance based and underperforming players should always be at risk of a spell in reserves if they aren’t up to scratch.
Port Adelaide did it to their captain in the AFL - in as loving a way as they could. No one is above the overall goals of the team.

I don’t want to bag on Welch, I think he is still in the best 17. I just think we expect a forward captain to be inspiring and who gets big metres with tough runs. But he really has never been that. He has always been a reliable forward who does his job and represents the club well with his articulate demeanour. To me that’s someone in the number 16 jersey who comes on for 25-35 mins a game.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

But even his usual best attributes - defence and kick pressure - have been non-existent virtually all year.

He is called offside almost once a set when he is on the field. He gives away penalties, is missing a bunch of tackles on top of not making metres.

By every Bellamy metric, he should be dropped.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Welch 2023
- 14th in the League for Penalties Conceded (most by a prop)
- 45th in the League for Missed Tackles (2nd most by a prop)
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

anyone else having trouble getting their same seats through the ticketing system? Same old story every year with this club on and off the field. At least this year the email arrived for the ticket sale window not mid afternoon like last year.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

glennb wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:27 am anyone else having trouble getting their same seats through the ticketing system? Same old story every year with this club on and off the field. At least this year the email arrived for the ticket sale window not mid afternoon like last year.
worked fine for me.

Ticketek is usually hopeless but can't complain this year
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Bartos
Squall
Squall

Was fine for me, put in the code and off I went. Thought $95 was a bit steep for cat 1. Was it always that expensive?
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

No problem for me either.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Got mine in 2 minutes easy as F***

Also Maz and Trent passed their HIAs so no reason for them not to play

Bellza said Grant and Remis would come in for Xavier and paps …Remis was pulled from the tigers game for a reason
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I think the problem with mine is I am a GA reserved seat member. I wanted my normal seats but it just kept giving me any GA seat. Does not matter I upgraded to get a better seat.
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

sallymay wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 12:47 pm
Also Maz and Trent passed their HIAs so no reason for them not to play
I can give you a few reasons why…