Finals Week 1 vs Broncos - 2nd Qualifying Final - Suncorp Stadium

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Qualifying Final 2

Suncorp Stadium

Melbourne Storm vs Brisbane Broncos

Looks like we will staying in the Sunshine State to take on the old foes again, we have a fantastic record at Suncorp and as much as I know people saw the merit in playing Penrith first up I for one am ecstatic we have Brisbane first we are a much better chance in this match up I feel.

I’d imagine this will be the squad named but who knows what Bellamy has up his sleeve:

1. Nick MEANEY
2. Will WARBRICK
3. Marion SEVE
4. Young TONUMAIPEA
5. Xavier COATES
6. Cameron MUNSTER
7. Jahrome HUGHES
8. Christian WELCH (c)
9. Harry GRANT
10. Tui KAMIKAMIKA
11. Trent LOIERO
12. Elisea KATOA
13. Josh KING

14. Ryan PAPENHUYZEN
15. Bronson GARLICK
16. Tepai MOEROA
17. Nelson ASOFA-SOLOMONA

18. Tom EISENHUTH
19. Reimis SMITH
20. Tyran WISHART
21. Tariq SIMS
22. Alec MACDONALD

Should be a cracking game at full strength Brisbane have looked great this season this will be one of the tougher finals games we’ve played we need to be switched right on to be any chance, our record won’t count for much in this one it’s going to be brutal.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Makes the decision not to suspend Piakura even more ridiculous if he lines up against us this week
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Mattpoet wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 7:05 pm Makes the decision not to suspend Piakura even more ridiculous if he lines up against us this week
Having yet not watched the game (listened live to the ABC) I can't believe no suspension, in fact as little as 3 x $1000-$1500 fines, at its worst, $4500! (Not that I'd like to lose 4.5k)
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I just can’t get my head around how someone can have three first time offences.
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

The Broncos are $1.60 favourites been a long time since we were outsiders against anyone in a Qualifying Final, the Broncos fans are certainly confident & to be honest I’m not sure where they get their confidence from we have beaten them both times this year, won 14 in a row against them and haven’t lost at Suncorp to these guys since 2009, amazing when you trawl BroncosHQ forums how cocky they are about a win here, I think we have a huge mental advantage over them already we just need to show up and play our best game and we are more than capable of knocking them off and earning a weeks break.
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Hard to believe after a season that left many of us frustrated and even disappointed with the sides performance that we finished 3rd and were only 2 wins behind equal 1st-2nd.

We can definitely beat the broncos again next week and earn that week off. Then it's only 1 win away from a grand final!

Looking forward to it!
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Papenhuyzen23 wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:57 pm The Broncos are $1.60 favourites been a long time since we were outsiders against anyone in a Qualifying Final, the Broncos fans are certainly confident & to be honest I’m not sure where they get their confidence from we have beaten them both times this year, won 14 in a row against them and haven’t lost at Suncorp to these guys since 2009, amazing when you trawl BroncosHQ forums how cocky they are about a win here, I think we have a huge mental advantage over them already we just need to show up and play our best game and we are more than capable of knocking them off and earning a weeks break.
It's ok, we'll take the "underdog" tag
big_m
Squall
Squall

Confirmed as friday night game
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Was always going to be once the Broncos/Storm fixture was confirmed
The Black Dot
Squall
Squall

Does anyone want an AAN number?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Given the up and down season we have put together, it’s a pretty incredible position to be in.

We have to beat the Broncos at Suncorp - who we have an overwhelming record against. Assuming we do, then Warriors, Knights or Raiders at home. Win that and GF bound.

I had a red line through us after the Origin period, but with that Finals draw falling the way it has, we have the best possible chance.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I know Reimis doesn’t get a lot of love on the forum, but for mine he has to start at centre. His 1 on 1 defence is outstanding.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

yourhero wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:15 pm I know Reimis doesn’t get a lot of love on the forum, but for mine he has to start at centre. His 1 on 1 defence is outstanding.
I've been a big wrap on him. I had to look back and 14th June 2021 I was noting his one on one defence. I was surprised when Bellamy effectively dropped him after his injury.

What has Chris Lewis done? As much as I love Trent I feel Lewis offers a lot more grunt in the second row position.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lewis only had 6 runs on Thursday, hardly pushed his name forward
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bullucked wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 10:31 pm
yourhero wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:15 pm I know Reimis doesn’t get a lot of love on the forum, but for mine he has to start at centre. His 1 on 1 defence is outstanding.
I've been a big wrap on him. I had to look back and 14th June 2021 I was noting his one on one defence. I was surprised when Bellamy effectively dropped him after his injury.

What has Chris Lewis done? As much as I love Trent I feel Lewis offers a lot more grunt in the second row position.
My perception is that Trent’s workrate (tackles especially tackle efficiency and m’s gained) appears to have improved with his extended time in the team and increased game time. I rate Trent’s position and role in the team and obviously so does CB. Is he Fus or Kenny ? Nup. But I feel increasingly confident about his ability to sustain a decent career with Storm.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time