Finals Week 1 vs Broncos - 2nd Qualifying Final - Suncorp Stadium

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Roosters it is. They are a little banged up too. Gutsy win by them. Sharks didn't take full advantage when Tedesco was in the bin. Brailey absolutely butchered a try.
Mstorm1999
Squall
Squall

Sua'ali'i & Manu out next week & no Hargreaves.

If we still can’t win that’ll do me.

Either way whether we advance or not, we ain’t beating Penrith in Penrith.

I love storm, die hard fan but we just don’t have the backs and forwards to match them.

Can’t deny but a Penrith vs broncos GF would be epic.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Papenhuyzen23 wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 3:02 pm It’s a funny thing when you sit and really think about the selections lately, if I told you 12 months ago …

- Our back up utility Meaney would be keeping Papenhuyzen on the bench as a middle forward

- Young Tonumaipea & Marion Seve would force Reimis Smith & Justin Olam to reserve grade

- Will Warbrick would be a regular starter

- Cameron Munster has been our worst player (against expectation anyway)

- Fans would be calling for Christian Welch to be dropped

- Nelson Asofa-Solomona, Tariq Sims, Tepai Moeroa and Alec MacDonald would be benched whilst Trent Loiero starts every game

- Harry Grant would miss 10 tackles in a big game and look like a chicken with his head cut off (he was as mad as a cut snake too, couldn’t control those emotions at all)

I understand form, injuries, timing, favouritism etc all play a part in the make up of the side and some guys just have an off game but this has been the story of the season, some of these decisions just seem so crazy to read in black & white, I’m not sure how critical I can be of CB as I’m no expert, but I do feel like this is the first season in years that I’ve wondered about the process and been curious about certain selections.
I absolutely believe you've hit the nail on the head with a sledgehammer
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Mstorm1999 wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 10:21 pm Sua'ali'i & Manu out next week & no Hargreaves.

I love storm, die hard fan but we just don’t have the backs and forwards to match them.

Do Penriff still get to play a Prelim final on that little dung heap of a ground? I thought some time ago the NRL made some ruling about ground capacities after the first week of the finals? (Admittedly I'm thinking back ten plus years ago)
SunshineCoastStormer
Squall
Squall

Bullucked wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 10:34 pm
Mstorm1999 wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 10:21 pm Sua'ali'i & Manu out next week & no Hargreaves.

Do Penriff still get to play a Prelim final on that little dung heap of a ground? I thought some time ago the NRL made some ruling about ground capacities after the first week of the finals? (Admittedly I'm thinking back ten plus years ago)
[/

Pretty sure no. Suburban grounds 1st week of finals onky
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

SunshineCoastStormer wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 10:46 pm
Bullucked wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 10:34 pm

[/

Pretty sure no. Suburban grounds 1st week of finals onky
Nah, that’s only week one of the finals series.

Unless the Raiders win tomorrow the Storm should be hosting the Roosters and I believe that will be Friday. It sounds as those they have similar injury problems in the backs as well.

The winner of that game will play the Panthers in Sydney (I think at Allianz Stadium) for a spot in the Grand Final.
Utha
Squall
Squall

I think if we beat the Roosters, we’ll play the Panthers at Homebush (Accor). Could be wrong, though.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bartos wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:26 pm Anyone else watching this Sharks vs Roosters game? FMD, my god, if Storm at home can't get beat either of these teams I am not renewing my membership next year, I am done.
I get the passion but throwing away your membership for one year of disappointment after the last 25 years would seem a little extreme
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time