Finals Week 1 vs Broncos - 2nd Qualifying Final - Suncorp Stadium

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Just a thought.

In 1999 we won 16 of 24 games. We finished third.
We lost the Qualifying final to St George and were well beaten. I don't think any of us thought we were a chance after getting towelled up at OP.
Storm then went on to win the next two finals and the Grand Final.

So maybe, just maybe, there's still a chance.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

While there's life, there's hope
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Is there life?
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We are on life support. If the match wasn't bad enough the injuries to Pappy and Xavier (when the match was over) was a dagger to the heart.

The other bad thing is that Cheese 🧀 could come back and end our season. This was almost inconceivable for most of the season when it looked like the Roosters would miss the eight.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:41 am Tui hasn't made metres in a long time. Several weeks lately where he hasn't had a run after half time
He has good moments every couple of games but goes missing far too often. We really needed him to develop into our Haas or Fisher-Harris.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

This what I don't understand about the coaching, Tui has often had no second game time. I thought he had an injury when he come off at the 20 minute mark one game and did not come back, but he played the next week. I don't get the thinking.
Broncos Rule
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Papenhuyzen23 wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:57 pm The Broncos are $1.60 favourites been a long time since we were outsiders against anyone in a Qualifying Final, the Broncos fans are certainly confident & to be honest I’m not sure where they get their confidence from we have beaten them both times this year, won 14 in a row against them and haven’t lost at Suncorp to these guys since 2009, amazing when you trawl BroncosHQ forums how cocky they are about a win here, I think we have a huge mental advantage over them already we just need to show up and play our best game and we are more than capable of knocking them off and earning a weeks break.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

This aged well!
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

The class of BroncosHQ

After Papi’s injury they were laughing at him with a direct quote “we broke the record and one ankle”

Imagine winning 1 from 15 against a team and coming to gloat on their forum.

Their fans are the absolute worst.
lynx000
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Papenhuyzen23 wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 10:29 am The class of BroncosHQ

After Papi’s injury they were laughing at him with a direct quote “we broke the record and one ankle”

Imagine winning 1 from 15 against a team and coming to gloat on their forum.

Their fans are the absolute worst.
Thanks for the game last night. Great news that Pap's injury is not as serious as first thought. Hopefully he and Coates will be okay.

Re the above comment, not particularly fair, if you read the rest of the comment all expressed concern for Paps and were upset about his injury. Every forum as one or two outliers and the poster in question alleged that it was tongue in cheek. After what happened to Yow Yeh, an injury like that is not something we take lightly. We were concerned that it was career ending last night.

Good luck next week.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Why post the comment in the first place, 'even if it is tongue in cheek", it is poor taste. One thing to think/say it another thing to post it somewhere thousand of people can read and re post it. A person welfare is more important than winning a game or making dumb comments just to get laughs.

Maybe get it deleted by making a complaint. Stand up for something instead of making excuses for poor behaviors
lynx000
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

glennb wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 10:47 am Why post the comment in the first place, 'even if it is tongue in cheek", it is poor taste. One thing to think/say it another thing to post it somewhere thousand of people can read and re post it. A person welfare is more important than winning a game or making dumb comments just to get laughs.

Maybe get it deleted by making a complaint. Stand up for something instead of making excuses for poor behaviors
I wasn't making excuses, the comment was completely wrong and was called out. Are you going to do the same with your member who characterised the entire broncos fan base because of the comment of one person?
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Point is I’ve celebrated many successful Storm wins, lots of banter, lots of bragging, always in good spirit, I have never laughed at an opposition player being seriously injured, I appreciate that it wasn’t all of you saying this, and I’m glad to hear you more moral driven guys called him out for such a disgusting comment, banter is banter but laughing at that injury is next level sick.

Well played last night you guys deserved your victory way too good for us.
spoiled_eggs
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

glennb wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 10:47 am Why post the comment in the first place, 'even if it is tongue in cheek", it is poor taste. One thing to think/say it another thing to post it somewhere thousand of people can read and re post it. A person welfare is more important than winning a game or making dumb comments just to get laughs.

Imagine talking down about an entire fan base over a single comment, on a website that's been operating for over 20 years. The best thing in those cases is to let the good fans rip shit into a stupid comment, and let them learn a lesson. Not hide it from the masses, make them own their words.

And stop being a precious sook. Some people in the world are assholes you know, especially in our sport.
lynx000
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Papenhuyzen23 wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 11:49 am Point is I’ve celebrated many successful Storm wins, lots of banter, lots of bragging, always in good spirit, I have never laughed at an opposition player being seriously injured, I appreciate that it wasn’t all of you saying this, and I’m glad to hear you more moral driven guys called him out for such a disgusting comment, banter is banter but laughing at that injury is next level sick.

Well played last night you guys deserved your victory way too good for us.
Thanks for the comment. Good luck with the rest of the finals campaign. Hopefully no more injuries and if you get the chance, flog the panthers.
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

The news coming out about Paps is looking much more positive.

Seems just the smaller bone (fibula) was broken not the tibia (large bone) and there was no compound fracture (skin being pierced) which vastly improves the prognosis and hugely lowers the risk of infection.

He has had a plate and 6 screws inserted into the bone and the surgery went well. According to NRL Physio with the injury and no unforeseen complications he should be good to return to the training track in 10-12 weeks which is well before pre-season.

Thoughts are with you Papi and we hope to see you back bigger and stronger in 2024 mate!