Finals Week 1 vs Broncos - 2nd Qualifying Final - Suncorp Stadium

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bellamy has a track record of naming teams for big games and sticking to them. Rarely do we ever see a late change.

But Jesus Christ… Moeroa has to be there.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Saw an interesting stat on social media regarding Melbourne’s dominance over Brisbane.

Only two players in the current Broncos team have experienced wins over the Storm.

Adam Reynolds - 2 games whilst playing for Souths.
Kurt Capewell - 2 games whilst playing for Penrith and 2 games whilst playing for Cronulla.

The rest of the Broncos team have a combined 84 caps against Melbourne for 84 losses.
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

yourhero wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 7:42 pm Bellamy has a track record of naming teams for big games and sticking to them. Rarely do we ever see a late change.

But Jesus Christ… Moeroa has to be there.
Agree, Moeroa needs to be on the bench somewhere, he & NAS coming on around the 20 minute mark and keeping the roll on going is so important we can’t drop him surely he was close to best on ground last week we need that from him again Brisbane have a great pack we need to take it to them!
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Anyone else had a look at BroncosHQ forum?

I try to be impartial and pay respect to other teams, as I’ve said in previous posts Brisbane are a good team on paper anyway.

But, talk about a deluded fanbase, it’s actually quite funny to read their posts, they don’t really talk about just being confident it’s almost like they are trying to convince themselves they are as good as us, they downplay every strength we have and disrespect all of our weapons, some guy even said they have a better spine than us 😂

I can see the fear in each post they do, they can pretend they aren’t worried all they want, this hoodoo is real and the Storm always find an extra gear against the Ponies, they should be scared, keep underestimating us you fools, we beat you both times this season, the last 14 times we’ve played you, the last 14 years at Suncorp and we will beat you again on Friday night ⚡️
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Papenhuyzen23 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:46 pm Anyone else had a look at BroncosHQ forum?

I try to be impartial and pay respect to other teams, as I’ve said in previous posts Brisbane are a good team on paper anyway.

But, talk about a deluded fanbase, it’s actually quite funny to read their posts, they don’t really talk about just being confident it’s almost like they are trying to convince themselves they are as good as us, they downplay every strength we have and disrespect all of our weapons, some guy even said they have a better spine than us 😂

I can see the fear in each post they do, they can pretend they aren’t worried all they want, this hoodoo is real and the Storm always find an extra gear against the Ponies, they should be scared, keep underestimating us you fools, we beat you both times this season, the last 14 times we’ve played you, the last 14 years at Suncorp and we will beat you again on Friday night ⚡️
I don't follow anything else other than my eyes in a game and what I read here. Man for man, or position for position, how do you think the two teams compare? I'd suggest their 1, 7, 10 and 11 are better than ours but the rest is a mixture.
Your thoughts?
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Bullucked wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:52 pm
Papenhuyzen23 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:46 pm Anyone else had a look at BroncosHQ forum?

I don't follow anything else other than my eyes in a game and what I read here. Man for man, or position for position, how do you think the two teams compare? I'd suggest their 1, 7, 10, 11 and 13 are better than ours but the other positions we are better or equal.
Your thoughts?
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Bullucked wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:52 pm

I don't follow anything else other than my eyes in a game and what I read here. Man for man, or position for position, how do you think the two teams compare? I'd suggest their 1, 7, 10 and 11 are better than ours but the rest is a mixture.
Your thoughts?
I won’t make the fatal mistake of underestimating them like they do us, I just think the total lack of respect for a team that’s dominated them for well over a decade is unbelievable. As for player for player match ups I think it’s pretty even, but the spine is not even close, when fit and firing I’d take Papenhuyzen Munster Hughes and Grant over their 1,6,7,9 all day every day.

To be honest the only guys I think that would make our squad is Haas, Carrigan, and possibly one of their centres and backrowers but the way they talk about our squad you would think we have a West Tigers level team and they absolutely dominate us across the board, it really is mind blowing the disrespect being shown over there.
sheet_ed
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I think the benefit of being in Melbourne is we are out of the bubble. I was listening to Reese Walsh and he is so pumped up with his own ego you just want NAS to slap him (what an aggravating little SNOT).

Everywhere they go the Bisbane faithfull will be pumping their ego's. As a result they will be looking ONLY to having a week off not playing their next game.

Bellyache knows what to do. Since he has been coach we only missed one final (when we played for ZERO points) If we had we would have been 7th.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

No room for complacency, can only remember too well losing to the Warriors at home in the finals
sheet_ed
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I kept looking at the team and thinking we need an extra Zip at the beginning. I have NOT been a fan of Wishart playing as an outside back, but he was stunning last week as a hooker. I really think Garlic has been solid, but I would prefer to start wishart as No. 9 and have Harry on the bench.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think Garlick is preferred because he can play second row/lock as well because he's a little bigger
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yesterday at the training session they were mimicking the crowd noise of Suncorp …it was ducking loud

Hopefully it helps them
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Not at all happy with Moeroa not being named. He’s better play off the bench or I’m going to be really pssed off. Him and NAS off the bench is precisely what this side needs
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Kettles wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:39 pm Not at all happy with Moeroa not being named. He’s better play off the bench or I’m going to be really pssed off. Him and NAS off the bench is precisely what this side needs
I'm not as convinced in Tepai as others are. He had a cracking game against a very poor Warriors last year and got injured, he had a good game against a depleted Broncos last week but his previous week against the Titans had the inevitable errors. Brings some size and post contact metres others don't but not sure it's enough. Jury is out for me.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Wishart, Moeroa and Anderson drop out. Somehow, Tariq Sim Bin is still there