Round 27 - Rest and Blood players

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

big_m wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 6:08 pm Just reminds you how lucky we are as fans of this team. Feels like we havent played very well this year but we finish 3rd on the ladder.
Spot on big_m. We lost a lot of experience at the end of last season and were inconsistent this year. Around mid season I had a discussion with a mate who is a Manly fan, and I said that there was a bit of criticism by Storm fans on social media about our standard of play. He said: "It must be tough being in the top four every year."
Utha
Squall
Squall

One thing that may not have been mentioned (because of our obsession with finals and grand finals in this part of the world): Only three teams have won the minor premiership between them in the past eleven seasons:
Roosters: 2013, 2014, 2015, 2018.
Storm: 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021.
Panthers: 2020, 2022, 2023.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We won it in 2011 too
SunshineCoastStormer
Squall
Squall

Waking up still gutted. The performance was tripe, respect to the Broncos who deserved the win but the Paps injury is shattering. How unlucky can a player be?

In my view now is not the time for slinging season failure opinions around as valid as they maybe.

We are still alive and as slim as GF hopes are, we must pick ourselves up to give the Sharks or Roosters hell next week.

We play the best 13 from the start. NAS starts, as does Olam (hope for diamonds) and we go hard up the middle. Forget passing, we just can’t do back line moves. Our best game plan is the one where we dusted Parra. Defend like we know we can and we can at least make the Eliminator…