Round 27 - Rest and Blood players

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Based on tonight so far, paps isn't ready to move meany out of fullback or goal kicking duties. Still good to see him back and involved a fair bit
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Lennart Bedrager wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 8:38 pm Based on tonight so far, paps isn't ready to move meany out of fullback or goal kicking duties. Still good to see him back and involved a fair bit
Yep, he's our 14 next week.
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Shuttlesworth99 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 8:33 pm It might seem weird, but that was the most exciting play I’ve seen this year.
Might have been the most fun half I’ve seen in a long time, probably because there’s no stress of losing it’s been a ball, that Sua try was so so good, great to see him and Paps linking up great stuff.

Nikorima been the gem for me so far, haven’t seen much of him but he has been dangerous in attack and really solid on defence, surprised he hasn’t seen more 1st grade this season looks a perfect utility.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Good offload from Anderson to Sua too. Great to see Pappy involved in that try too.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yea Paps needs more time for sure. Love that’s he’s back but not sure he should be in the 17 next week.
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Scooter wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 8:42 pm Good offload from Anderson to Sua too. Great to see Pappy involved in that try too.
Thought they were gonna pull it back for a pass off the ground for sure
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Papenhuyzen23 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 8:40 pm
Shuttlesworth99 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 8:33 pm It might seem weird, but that was the most exciting play I’ve seen this year.
Might have been the most fun half I’ve seen in a long time, probably because there’s no stress of losing it’s been a ball, that Sua try was so so good, great to see him and Paps linking up great stuff.

Nikorima been the gem for me so far, haven’t seen much of him but he has been dangerous in attack and really solid on defence, surprised he hasn’t seen more 1st grade this season looks a perfect utility.
Nikorima has been great. Defence has improved. In his one previous game with Storm, he got dragged early because of the number of missed tackles.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Papenhuyzen23 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 8:43 pm
Scooter wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 8:42 pm Good offload from Anderson to Sua too. Great to see Pappy involved in that try too.
Thought they were gonna pull it back for a pass off the ground for sure
I think Anderson's arm carrying the ball was always off the ground.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Papenhuyzen23 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 8:40 pm Nikorima been the gem for me so far, haven’t seen much of him but he has been dangerous in attack and really solid on defence, surprised he hasn’t seen more 1st grade this season looks a perfect utility.
I haven't been overly impressed with Nikorima when he's been given a chance previously, but it sounds like he's improved in QLD Cup as the season has gone on, and so far so good in this game... although the Broncos have really dropped off in defensive intensity since their second try.
Mstorm1999
Squall
Squall

Going off tonight so far nikorima has been threatening in attack and solid in defence. If he keeps this up in the second half could be a solid utility off the bench.

Loved SUA’S first run! WOW, early days but looks destined for a big future. With paps still young we might lose him though, I can see another club throwing big money at him for a fullback position 🙄
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sua was taken out there.

Another soft call goes the other way.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Half time not good for us - the Broncos have their intensity back and look like they want it more than us currently.
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Try for paps!
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Milked
Lennart Bedrager
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

lima lima lima duck bollocks Klein...