Round 27 - Rest and Blood players

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Warbrick out after getting injured at training today, Anderson in for him.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Papenhuyzen23 wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:44 pm Warbrick out after getting injured at training today, Anderson in for him.
How badly ? Hopefully just a precaution ?
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Storm Spirit wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:54 pm
Papenhuyzen23 wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:44 pm Warbrick out after getting injured at training today, Anderson in for him.
How badly ? Hopefully just a precaution ?
Bellamy mentioned it in his presser

"We had a mishap this morning there with Will Warbrick, so we're not quite sure how bad it is, but we'll just we'll check him in the morning and go from there."

🤞
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

If he is out long term, maybe shift Meaney to wing and Paps to the 1? Or do we just slot Reimis there? At least we can cover the wing, shame though Will has been fantastic this season let’s hope it’s only minor.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Lennart Bedrager wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:25 pm
Papenhuyzen23 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:25 pm What’s the plus side to winning this game? Losing ensures we can stay in camp at Brisbane, play a team we have a great record against at a ground we never lose at, or win and finish in the same position but have to travel to Penrith and play a team who has embarrassed us twice in the last few weeks?

We should treat this as a glorified training run and do everything possible to avoid winning the game. I know it’s not in the spirit of the game or whatever but who cares, lose at all costs.
We're pretty much guaranteed to face Penrith sometime between next week and the grand final if we're going to win the premiership, may as well be while we have a second chance and they're missing luai.
Agree.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Oh please

Wills not injured they just resting him

Storm are just taking the p155 now

Joe chan is debuting in Eli’s spot and Will is out and Grants coming in
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

What’s the point in faking an injury by the club? Anderson was in the reserves all they had to do was name him on the wing at the 24 hour squad update and say Warbrick is being rested, not sure why CB would need to lie about it, one to keep an eye on anyway.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

They probably didn't want to 100% take the piss but then they saw the broncs side named and thought "lima lima lima duck it, Brick and Katoa out too"
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Yeah possibly, I’m all for it we shouldn’t be risking anyone that’s going to be in the side next week with the exception of King and Papenhuyzen for obvious reasons, fingers crossed it’s not an injury for Brick!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Confirmed Katoa, Russell -Smith and Warbrick out. I wonder what the chances of Fa'alogo to the wing and Geyer to the bench as back up hooker are...
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Mattpoet wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:00 pm Confirmed Katoa, Russell -Smith and Warbrick out. I wonder what the chances of Fa'alogo to the wing and Geyer to the bench as back up hooker are...

I’m all for this, I saw Chan and Anderson are currently in the run on side for Brick & Eli but I would give those spots to Fa’alogo and Howarth for sure!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I would be quite happy for Cole Geyer to get a debut. Imagine if we had out first two father and son players in the one game.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Imagine they combined for a try!
Bartos
Squall
Squall

I'm so looking forward to this game. Maybe it's the fact that I don't care if they lose
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Who is captain?